View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-04-2010, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
This is the same as pretty much all of the other prepaid Mastercards out there. What is point of paying for the luxury of paying, if most of us have other payment methods?? I presume most international travellers that this might appeal to have ordinary credit cards, bank cards etc.

From the 2 mins I have had to browse the Paytoo site, other than that tiny bit in the smallprint, I can see no other details about what the transaction costs are of using the Mastercard. Are they hiding this?
While I agree with Andy we shouldn't delve too much on payment cards on a GSM themed website, it does appear they are intertwined here. The interlinked prepaid MC and money transfer capabilities may be of use to some people. But I agree with you the primary purchasers will tend to be people like ourselves with other forms of payment already available to them. Transaction costs are here: PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage
Rates for mobile phone calls are here: PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

On the financial regulation of this product to prevent money laundering, they are asking for an address and contact information. However, they could ask for further ID (drivers license or passport number) to further validate customers like I've seen with GSM sim cards for some carriers and/or restrict the amount of money that can be transferred in one transaction or in one day.

On having Vodaphone as the backbone carrier, that is a large well known carrier (with ties to Verizon in the US), so that is a welcome choice.

My interest here is really with the GSM sim card and not the optional financial capabilities(of little use to me other than possibly a cellular enabled vending machine that I haven't seen in the USA yet: http://www.vendingmarketwatch.com/web/online/VendingMarketWatch-News/Coca-Cola-Co-secures-patent-for-cellular-phone-enabled-vending-transactions/1$11068 , but I do wish them well with that aspect of their service. I'm really more interested in their Caribbean to US mobile phone rates...this could save me money for international calls in some instances over my current options.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype