View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-12-2005, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday
By "this" do you mean ordering the sim, or have you now got one and are having the same problems as me?

Just tried it on the Mexico networks (by walking over to a nearby hill, which is within sight of Mexico).

Roams on Telcel, but not Movistar. But still the same: the 092 "check balance" doesn't work, can't make any calls, can receive. So in theory I could trigger a callback (CBW etc) from another phone, as there is free incoming in Mexico, although I've no way to check the incoming is not charged. I'll set this up and try it next time I'm in Mexico proper.

I had no reply to my email to 09, so I called them - the support number is a landline number, they answer in Icelandic (I assume...) but are happy to speak English. He took the details and will pass it on to techs, but I can't see it being resolved this year.
My experiences with the Icelandic SIM have been similarly bad and I own several of them unfortunately. I can receive calls in the States. I will be in Southern Mexico next week and will report back. I will report next month on Amsterdam, the UAE, and Oman. I have a Riiing SIM which I like, but the Icelandic SIM is "free incoming" throughout the Middle East.