Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 13-07-2008, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Do you mean that one?
http://www.orange.pl/portal/map/map/...ID_POP_STARTER

"13 for 5" is marketing bullshit.
For 5 PLN you get 3 PLN credit, and after 2 first top-ups >- 25 PLN you'll get 2*5 PLN for calls/SMS to Orange only
Yes, silly me, I had a closer took at the terms and conditions, and of course Orange are a bunch of liars. Nothing new there. However, this was the card I was forced to buy, because the local store didn't have any Orange Go starter kits. And, it seems, Orange charged me for the calls that they blocked.

(An aside here: With things like this, I see Vodafone's wisdom in selling Orange to France Telecom -- prior to 2000, Orange UK was known for great deals, no hidden charges, customer-friendliness (first one-second billing in the world, they only charged roamers their standard rate plus 15 percent, etc.), and were a fearsome competitor. Since FT took over, it seems the practices of Orange France are the rule -- credit cancellation, short expiration, and now blocking calls to competitors but still charging for them.)

Quote:
I think you tried it in the Orange coverage, not in roaming?
Yes, here in Otwock. The 3 PLN would be gone in an instant in roaming.

But really, in (Germany, the UK, the USA, Australia, etc.) you can place international calls for a couple of cents a minute using cards, call-by-call, etc. Why it has to cost, at a minimum, 10 times as much in Poland is something that is a bit hard to explain without assuming collusion with (or intimidation of) competitors on the part of TPSA. Sigh.

Quote:
Heyah to Era portability was announced a few weeks ago, but it was cancelled.
Do you have a link for this? My wife has an Era contract (601, since the early days!) but would probably be better off with Heyah (like me). That's pretty annoying, but no surprise (see above).

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Last edited by Motel75; 13-07-2008 at 12:12..