View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Your safest bet is to ask for an English speaking employee when you visit a Wind store (that you need to do anyway). I guess that in the tourist areas or at the airport, you won't have a problem finding one.
This may be true in Athens but I've been into several Wind, Cosmote, and Vodafone shops - mostly on small islands (I'm on a boat) - and only occasionally have I been served by someone who speaks reasonable English. That is they do speak English, but not well enough to understand anything out of the ordinary. Like data. So I like to take screenshots of the website (in Greek) and show them exactly what I want.

There are honourable exceptions though - like the Vodafone guy in Sami - Kefalonia - who, while regretting that he couldn't provide what I wanted, predicted (correctly) the development of Vodafone prepaid data cards the following year.
Quote:
Regarding the use of your personal data for advertising purposes, I'm not sure how Vodafone came up with this but I'm pretty sure that this is not required by the registration law. Could you post the link for that?
Vodafone.gr - New Connection Documents

The prepaid form has to be completed by someone buying a phone mail order and handed to the courier. So if Wind and Cosmote sell phones that way they must have an equivalent available somewhere.