View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-10-2006, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75
Which I still don't understand. Uncompetitive prices, poor coverage, and lots of stupid rules (lose all your credit after 90 days, etc.). I don't know anyone in Poland who uses Orange, perhaps they're all hiding in Jelenia G?ra or Białystok or somewhere...

Uncompetitive prices - not quite.
There are many options (packets, selected cheaper numbers, extra top-ups, Profit loyalty program) that make using Orange much cheaper.
And don't look at prepaid market only. E.g. postpaid tariffs start from 10 PLN/month only and they are all not just "free minutes/SMS packets" but "minimum monthly fee" plans. More precisely, you pay 10, 25, or more monthly fee and this fee it contains all the services that you used (including data transmission, roaming or premium rate SMS). This is the only offer of that kind for non-business users in Poland.

Poor coverage - not true now. Of course, it used to bad because of their delayed start (to compare with Plus and Era) and even more delayed 900 coverage.

Lots of stupid rules (lose all your credit after 90 days, etc.) - yes, losing money is why they are sometimes called "thieves" . But, believe me - rules of buying packets of minutes/SMS in Simplus Easy are even more stupid

I don't know anyone in Poland who uses Orange - I do .
But I must say that the number of active Orange SIMs may be "improved" by the rule that each prepaid SIM is valid one year after activation for incoming calls. Thousands of such formally active SIMs lay in drawers countrywide - two in mine