View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-10-2009, 09:38

Pity you do not have other signals. You could consider that Yoigo 3 euro tarrif though!

I too have shock stories about Movistar. This is the most unprofessional multinational on the planet! It is going off topic but I am fighting one war with them at the moment about a situation which is so bizarre it is worth mentioning:

I was called by Movistar when I was with Yoigo and sold a 12 month contract by a telesales person who was going to better my existing tarrif by a long way and give me a free handset. However the tarrif and terms were just way too good and completely suspicious. I luckily checked everything over one more time before receiving the delivery, and realised I had been blatantly lied at!! I then legally and properly cancelled the contract (before it even started). A few days later the delivery still came, for which I was also supposed to pay cash for the handset on delivery. I obviously refused the delivery and requested it gets returned to sender.

Unfortunately somebody did take the package which consisted of a phone and activated SIM with my ported number, and started heavy useage. It was likely it was somebody at the courier company. I never had payed or signed for the delivery, but now Movistar hold me reponsible for several hundred euros worth of calls made by the thief. I only realised what was happening as I received an email from someone a few days later who had been trying to call me on that number, and says somebody picked up and said I had died! I then called my own number and got the same explanation. I reported this to the muppet robots at Movistar who then put down "stolen handset" in my records to suspend the line. According to their general terms, users are reponsible for calls made until a phone is reported stolen! (normally understandable), but that they cannot see this case is different is beyond me.

I am quite happy for them to take me to court. It will only go to show what a useless company they are.