View Single Post
Old
  (#27)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2014, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
I think you're wrong, Blau (another Eplus brand) offers free minutes within EU only for calls to German numbers : https://www.blauworld.de/tariff/eu_voice_50 "Im EU-Ausland bis zu 50 Minuten sowohl ankommende als auch abgehende Gespräche nach Deutschland führen"
That's blau who have totally different tariffs. The wording in Aldi's SMS is clear: "in die EU" (accusative case) means "into the EU" and describes the call destination. If they would refer to call origination (i.e. the geographical location of subscribers) it would say "in der EU" (dative case) meaning "in EU countries", which would leave it unclear which call desinations (only Germany or the whole EU) are covered and if this applies to outgoing and incoming calls.
So we may assume that the 120-minutes package includes outgoing calls from any EU country other than Germany (and perhaps EEA member states + Switzerland) to any EU country (and perhaps EEA member states + Switzerland).

I further assume that calls covered by the 120-minutes package will be rounded up to full minutes. Although operators are obliged to meet EU regulations for the preset standard roaming tariff, they are still allowed to offer alternative roaming tariffs on an opt-in basis that exceed the known price caps and billing increments. So Alditalk would not violate EU regulations if they charge calls under this package by full minutes.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 16-02-2014 at 19:50..