View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
tmb (Offline)

Default Think I have it figured out for Italy/France/UK trip - 26-04-2010, 18:05

I've done a lot of reading and think I've got it figured out, but wanted to double-check.

Next month we're spending time first in Rome, followed by France and a day or two in London. When I'm at home I can't live without my Google maps - let alone on vacation... Not only do we have a bunch of things pinned on our map but it's great to be able to "get lost" and then check the GPS on the map and be found again.

It seems like Wind has the better data plans, and it seems like I'd want the Wind9 (Super Senza Scatto if they don't have it) along with the Mega No Limit data plan.

Instead of having to get another sim in France, it seems like I can roam on Wind there and in the UK as well.

For data roaming I'd want the Roaming No Limit as I then pay the usual Italian data rates.

For voice is Easy Roaming only for calling numbers in Italy? If that's the case then it looks like calls in any EU country to any EU country are just 51c without any sort of option.

Finally, since the Call Your Country option is free for the first 6 months it sounds like a good deal for calling Australia and USA.

Do I have them activate all these plans when I buy the sim as well?

If so then I tell the shop I'd like a Wind9 sim (Super Senza Scatto if they don't have any Wind9 sims) activated with:
Mega No Limit (20€/month)
Roaming No Limit (3€/month)
Call Your Country (free for 6 months)

Since the sim is 10€ (with 5€ credit) if I pay 40€ I should end up with 40-20-3-5= 12€ of credit and a huge data allowance, right?

Thanks for helping me - hope this topic becomes helpful for someone else as well!