View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Wanted: older 3G data stick that supports 850/1900 MHz bands - 10-07-2011, 18:06

Odd request.

I'm looking for an older 3G data stick that supports UMTS but *not* HSPA. I occasionally find myself in places where coverage is weak and I find that UMTS is more reliable than HSPA in these situations.

I need the device to (ideally) support both the 850 and 1900 MHz bands, but a device that supported one and not the other could still be useful to me.

I need it to be unlocked as I plan to use it with both Rogers and SaskTel/Bell in Canada, and possibly with AT&T in the US at times.

Have one kicking around that you no longer need? Let me know!

I'd be entertained to find a GPRS non-EDGE 2G one too - could be fun for experimenting. GSM 1900 at a minimum, tri-band 900/1800/1900 or quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 would be even better.

I'm in Canada.

Thanks,

Jim

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.