View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-06-2010, 03:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytooMobile View Post
It's not the end of the Callback sim card, first because african, middle east, aisa are still a udge market for this products, and globaly the world

The european market is still interesting for voice, and DATA, and specialy DATA

But it's true that we need to see this market globaly and not only by block, and as we said to the MVNO event to Barcelona, to also see the telecom market as one MVNO with Added value, like money transfert and mobile payment
I know your business plan calls for users to make use of their cell phone to tsfr money/pay bills. This somehow mite work in 3rd world countries - but everyone here has credit cards and bank accounts. And, even many 3rd world countries have ATM machines where we can get cash. And, most banks now make it possible to pay bills, wire money etc. online. Much of this can be done direct from your cell phone (need data connection like GPRS, EDGE, 3G).
I would like to know how your money tsfr. would benefit anyone here.
It would appear that your "pay by SIM" model is aimed at people who have just enough money to buy a cell phone, but not enough to maintain a bank account.

That said - your SIM card as simply an intl. roaming card WOULD seem to have some benefits for users here. The rates in much of the world are quite good.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.