View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-06-2008, 03:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon View Post
Last year I bought a SUNSIM (much like SOLOMO) card from USA shortly before I left and had it delivered to the (small) hotel where we were staying. Took a bit longer than I anticipated, but it did arrive and everything worked out fine.
May I ask how long it ended up taking? Did you just notify the hotel ahead of time and they held it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon View Post
2. One thing you might consider if you are going to be making multiple or long calls back to US is a T-Mobile NON-STOP card. 29 ecents for up to 2 hours to a landline. Now you can find services like ENJOYPREPAID and CLONCOM that have local numbers and rates of 5 US cents per min back to the US.
That sounds good. Just so I'm clear, you're saying to buy a T-Mobile Non-Stop sim, pop it in the cell phone, and use that to call the landline number that EnjoyPrepaid/Cloncom give you? Sounds pretty reasonable. I'm guessing you can buy those T-Mobile sims readily in Munich?

I'll be in Austria first for 6 days and I plan to get an eety sim for that. Also, my phone is a Blackberry -- I don't have service now (I got it on ebay), but I was looking forward to Solomo's cheap data rate, though the voice options are first priority -- internet access would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited by patik; 04-06-2008 at 03:26..