Thread: Best Polish Sim
View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-11-2005, 18:48

I'm at home at last and can be more helpful .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfestival
Hi!

I'm travelling to Poland later this month for a week. I go probably twice a year. What would the best SIM be? Looking at it - it appears to be either Go or Orange.
There's no "either Go or Orange" - in Orange Poland there are 2 prepaids: Orange Go and Pop - they're almost identical.

Quote:
If I go for Orange, will I easily be able to pick one up in Wroclaw?
Absolutely no problem! I can't promise you that you can buy it at the Wroclaw airport but there should no problem with Orange or any other prepaid SIMs

Quote:
Do they come with
an instruction book in English? When I got an Eurotel card in Czech Republic earlier this year, the book was fully in English!
Forget it! Polish ops prefer ripping off on roaming rates than sell prepaids to foreigners . AFAIK none of Polish prepaids has an English instruction attached to the SIM (and none has an English versions of its webpages) If you want to have English instructions and free incoming calls in Poland, buy Riiing - it's not a Polish joke .

And don't imagine too much because Orange is an international GSM brand :P.
When older of the prepaids, Pop was in Idea, it had at least an "automatic customer support" with voice message in English and German - they're gone now

If you want to keep the Polish number all year round, consider Sami Swoi (or Simplus) in Plus GSM. It's valid for a year, and unlike in Orange, you won't lose the remaining credit after the expiration date for outgoing calls.