View Single Post
Old
  (#108)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-07-2017, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Lot of data, just in time for no roaming charges too. I wasn't sure if I'd visit Biarritz from San Sebastian but I might do it now.

Anyone use Tuenti on an iPad, including tethering? Their app. looks like it's more for iPad.
So I've used my 12 GB summer bundle for 10 days, used about 4 GB. Hotels have had good wifi so I haven't used it as much as I could. But current hotel room only gets 3G so using Wifi.

I drove across the border to Biarritz. Only get 3G on Bouygues, full signal along the waterfront. But only under 10 Mbps down.

Plus no tethering while roaming on Bouygues. Tried playing with settings and it says to contact Movistar.

Really a disappointing first experience with RLAH. I'd been tethering two iPhones to my iPad with the Tuenti SIM so roaming at 3G without tethering in NOT the same experience as at home.

Maybe because it's an MVNO? Maybe the actual Movistar SIM would roam at LTE with tethering?

Or maybe better luck with Orange and Vodafone since those carriers are also in France?

Oh well, I think I probably won't top up for a trip to Germany and Austria next month.