Thread: 09 Iceland
View Single Post
Old
  (#59)
Marc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-03-2006, 04:47

Hi snaimon and DTele1,

Sorry to be slow in responding to your questions. I should have tried a few more things while in France (only, snaimon). I especially should have tried from a landline there. I did try adding a leading zero to numbers, but that made no difference.

Well, I tried some of your suggestions back in the States. It took the 09 card maybe 2-3 minutes to find a roaming carrier, but then settled on T-Mobile (which happens also to be my regular carrier). I tried calling the 09 phone from the other Nokia, and indeed it rang, as it did from an SBC/AT&T landline. So, DTele1, you're right there must have been something odd about my Bouygtel connection. But what?

On the other hand, I was unable to call out from the 09 phone--not to another phone number, not to the 09 credit check number (092), with or without a + sign, with or without a leading zero. The phone would say "Please wait, calling" for about a minute, then give me the message "Use the 09 Services menu to call"--except that's what I was doing to start with, since no call could be placed just from the keypad.

The Nokias in question are a 3650 and a 6230i. I've tried the 09 card in both of them.

By "US distributor" I meant SIMphoneE.com. I didn't realize there was another.

Marc