Thread: Gt-sim ?
View Single Post
Old
  (#28)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-11-2005, 15:04

My GT-Sim arrived today - ordered 24 Oct, posted from Thailand (!) on 3 Nov. Reasonably secure system, as the sim has a pin which is only visible on the web site (so if the sim is stolen in the post it's unusable).

Seems to function OK, although I'm probably not in an ideal position to test as I'm on the home network (Manx Telecom, Isle of Man).

The online billing records both incoming and outgoing calls and is totally real-time for voice calls, updates in seconds. Incoming calls not charged for me on this network (supposed to be not charged anywhere in +44, but I can't test that although the online billing does say "roaming in United Kingdom" for my calls so far).

Incoming and outgoing SMS works fine to other MT phones, I'll check other networks later. SMS isn't shown on the online billing yet.

Actually the billing does look a bit odd - online bill shows my 26c test call and incominng calls, dialling 187 to check balance shows 6c for my test SMS. The real total is both.

For outgoing calls I've just tested by dialling a number direct, not using a phone book, on a very basic Siemens A60. Callback works fine and very prompt. I'll test quality later.

There is also voicemail, I'll test that and more soon. Next week I'll be trying it in Ireland and the USA.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice