View Single Post
Old
  (#27)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-11-2010, 22:34

A couple of usage comments on the phone now that I've played with it more.

Found out why the dual IMSI sim ekit card didn't work that well and an easy solution. The third and fourth sim slots are more for just plain 2g voice and sms cards. The first and second sim card slots support full USSD commands, gprs web and system selection. Just moving the sim cards around (ekit into slot 2 instead of 4) suddenly made the ekit card much more stable, and could also get balance check/expiration date USSD commands working on my Digicel card.

Now for the really neat thing..the phone runs full Java apps. Downloaded some free mobile games over my MacBook Pro and a Verizon/Millenicom key, transfered the files via bluetooth, installed them to the 4 gb microsd card rather than the phone memory (phone memory is very small but it will take microsd cards up to 16 gb). Both games I downloaded (a pinball game and an Alice in Wonderland game) run perfectly.

Also has a built in Microsoft Word program and an Excel type spreadsheet program.

Analog TV set does work. Got 3 different low power Spanish language network channels when I tested it briefly. Tuner is very sensitive but needs to be held just right to get a clear color picture.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype