View Single Post
Old
  (#24)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 08-06-2009, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
I think, that the EU rate is increased simply because of weakness of PLN against EUR. The 0.44 PLN rate was introduced at AFAIR moreless 3.60 PLN/EUR and now it's 4.55 PLN/EUR. Moreover, I suppose that a huge part of EU calls have been made to EU mobiles (many Polish emmigrants don't have landlines) and less than 0.10 EUR/min is too little to pay foreign MTRs. Of course, they could give something in return like eg. 1/1 debiting for international calls, 0.39 or 0.29 PLN/min to EU landlines or increasing the list of cheap countries.
Don't blame yourself for the double top-up - I think that double top-ups are used mainly
for national connections.
Yep, I think you're right. At the current rate, it's about 9.7 cents a minute (as opposed to 14.6 cents back when the zloty was around 3 to the euro). It's hard to see how they could make a profit calling mobile numbers in the rest of the EU, though landlines, and possibly other T-Mobile networks, probably would be OK. Now factor in the x2 offer, which has run twice this year, and think of it as being up to about a 40 percent discount. That works out to roughly 6 cents a minute (and that's including 22.5 percent VAT!).

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell