View Single Post
Old
  (#44)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
Does this service support forwarding of the Telna number, and if so, at what cost? For example, I might like to forward the number to my land line or cell when I'm not traveling.
Here's a list of what would probably make an ideal offering:
1. Reasonable rates in many countries. We already have Mobal, which has great coverage but whose rates are not very reasonable. So, any offering needs to be reasonable.
2. Voicemail which does not involve multiple international diverts which run the cost up. This is a failing of many traditional carriers.
3. Flexible configuration. The customer should be able to forward incoming calls to other destinations: international numbers or VOIP numbers. (See #1) It should be possible to set up filters for incoming calls if you want. Some can ring through, some go right to VM and some can be told your not in service. Voicemail might allow for a secret PIN which will bypass the filters. So, if it's 2:00 AM in India and I have set the phone to "Do not disturb" (See #10) but my boss or wife has an emergency, he/she can use the PIN to make the phone ring anyway.
4. Can be called via a SIP address to allow forwarding from home PBXs and maybe even being called via SIPBroker access numbers.
5. Voicemail can be: 1) accessed by phone, SIP, or web or 2) forwarded as an e-mail attachment.
6. Can be set to either ring a SIP number and the mobile phone at the same time or if the VOIP is connected to just ring VOIP. Many customers really like to use their home cellular carrier's VOIP adjunct when traveling (e.g. T-Mobile H@H). This is a similar situation.
7. A good selection of DID numbers. At least one POP in each State would be nice. One in each area code would be ideal.
8. SMS forwarding to other cells or even to e-mail would be nice.
9. GPRS (See #1)
10. A cool little Java applet for your smartphone that allows you to do most of the configuration functions securely via GPRS or WiFi using a minimum of data traffic.

Any other suggestions?