View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-10-2007, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
It's the other way round: to use IPKall DID you have to have SIP account somewhere else the inbound calls can be forwarded to. A solution which can surely work is to register an account at eg. draytel.org and then use your Draytel account number for "SIP phone number" and draytel.org for "SIP proxy" field. So a call made to your DID will appear as coming from the draytel.org. You then register your draytel.org credentials into pbxes and it should work. You can use any other VoIP provider that peers with ipkall.com though, the only thing I'm not sure whether the IPKall DID is restricted to SIP accounts with numeric usernames.
My regular landline phone, Lingo, is a SIP number, but I of course don't want all my regular calls going to UM+. Is there a way to forward the IPKall number to my Lingo account, register the Lingo account with pbxes, but then have pbxes divert to UM+ only those Lingo calls that come in on the IPKall line? I'm going to end up with so many accounts I won't be able to keep track of them.