PrePaidGSM.net Forum

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php)
-   Americas (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Prepaid card on Airport (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8508)

Bouv 12-06-2014 09:28

Prepaid card on Airport
 
Hello,

In few days I will travel to US and I would like to buy a prepaid-sm to use it on one of my phone. And I have few question :
  • I will travel to Detroit and my fly make a stop at New York. So can I buy a prepaid car in New-York and use it at Detroit without any issues ?
  • Can I find some of prepaid card on airport shop ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.


NB : sorry for my English

Telekom 14-06-2014 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouv (Post 45699)
Hello,

In few days I will travel to US and I would like to buy a prepaid-sm to use it on one of my phone. And I have few question :
  • I will travel to Detroit and my fly make a stop at New York. So can I buy a prepaid car in New-York and use it at Detroit without any issues ?
  • Can I find some of prepaid card on airport shop ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.


NB : sorry for my English

Any prepaid (to my knowledge) in the US will be able to call anywhere in the US for the same cost. You should be able to get a SIM for voice calling or voice calling and data. If you get an account just for voice calling you will likely have a choice of "pay as you go" that is you pay a certain amount and you can either be charged by the minute or you can opt for a monthly plan which gives you unlimited calling. If you want data you will likely have a choice of a set amount of data for a certain cost and (some) will give you "unlimited" data (with restrictions.)

If you use GSM (T-Mobile or AT&T) or any of the "virtual operators" who use either T-Mobile or AT&T. You have to have a phone that was sold by either company or is unlocked to allow you to use any SIM.

I've not been to a lot of airports in the US but I've not seen any mobile phone stores in airports that would sell you a SIM. In order to get a SIM you'll need to go to into the city to an operator's store and buy a "prepaid" SIM kit.

rfranzq 29-09-2014 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouv (Post 45699)
In few days I will travel to US and I would like to buy a prepaid-sm to use it on one of my phone.

Unfortunately, it would be easier [& potentially much cheaper] if you had tried to get the SIM while still at home. It would have saved time on your vacation in a strange place.

Any chance you get a Toggle UK SIM before you go?

andy 02-10-2014 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 46237)
Unfortunately, it would be easier [& potentially much cheaper] if you had tried to get the SIM while still at home. It would have saved time on your vacation in a strange place.

Any chance you get a Toggle UK SIM before you go?

It may be a little late, as the OP was in June.

The thread was only bumped by a spambot copying other comments, which I've now deleted

rfranzq 02-10-2014 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 46250)
It may be a little late, as the OP was in June.
The thread was only bumped by a spambot copying other comments, which I've now deleted

Thanks for moderating and also mentioning the deleted post so I can have some assurance of my sanity.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net