PrePaidGSM.net Forum

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Estonia Prepaid Data SIM (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7149)

drama queen 04-04-2012 08:56

Estonia Prepaid Data SIM
 
If anyone is travelling to Estonia, I can recommend the Elisa prepaid SIM. The starter pack costs 1 and comes with 1 credit. The maximum charge per day for unlimited Internet is 1.60, so I topped up with an additional 10, which should give enough for a week here for total 11. The card also does voice and text, should you require it. A single call, such as a top-up call activates the SIM.

The purchase was very simple - like Ireland - no ID required and no forms - just bought the pack and top-up in an Elisa shop. I think they are also available in kiosks etc. The APN is "internet" with no username or password. Coverage and speeds excellent around Tallinn so far.

The top-up process is to make a call to *135*Voucher Number#

kuba.g 14-04-2012 18:54

Thanks for the information!

Do you know the length of the credit validity?

drama queen 18-04-2012 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba.g (Post 39190)
Thanks for the information!

Do you know the length of the credit validity?

7 months. You must add a minimum of 3 credit every 7 months to keep the card in service and maintain your credit.

woody1 12-06-2012 15:43

Can't get Elisa data to work
 
I'm in Estonia now, and I have an Elisa prepaid SIM. I have not been able to get the data connection to work. I went to an Elisa shop at a mall today, and the people who worked there couldn't get it to work, either.

I looked up the settings on the internet, but none that I see make the phone
work. I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy phone running Android ICS 4.0.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

woody1 14-06-2012 17:38

Update: After trying everything I could think of, I was never able to get a data connection with the Elisa SIM card. I don't know if this was some odd incompatibility with my phone or something else. I would advice anybody who wants to use Elisa to buy the 1 Euro card and make sure you have data before you pay for any recharges.

drama queen 16-06-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody1 (Post 39697)
Update: After trying everything I could think of, I was never able to get a data connection with the Elisa SIM card. I don't know if this was some odd incompatibility with my phone or something else. I would advice anybody who wants to use Elisa to buy the 1 Euro card and make sure you have data before you pay for any recharges.

I was also using a Samsung Galaxy - with Android 2.3. Your phone has to be unlocked from your home network in order to use any foreign SIM. And you have to create a new APN in the Settings Menu - with the settings I gave in my first mail.

Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>New APN

The APN name for Elisa is "Internet", and no username or password is required. You need to make this your default APN while in Estonia.

There should be no problem, as long as your phone is unlocked. PM me if you have any difficulty.

woody1 16-06-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by drama queen (Post 39713)
I was also using a Samsung Galaxy - with Android 2.3. Your phone has to be unlocked from your home network in order to use any foreign SIM. And you have to create a new APN in the Settings Menu - with the settings I gave in my first mail.

Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>New APN

The APN name for Elisa is "Internet", and no username or password is required. You need to make this your default APN while in Estonia.

There should be no problem, as long as your phone is unlocked. PM me if you have any difficulty.

Yes, my phone has been unlocked for years. I've used it in 7 or 8 different countries, including Lithuania and Latvia. In fact, I'm using the phone in Sweden right now. I created new APNs using every option I could think of. The people at the Elisa store also created a new APN and they couldn't make it work either. There was some other problem that I haven't had in any other country or network.

kuba.g 01-02-2013 03:20

Little report from my trip to Tallinn:

Elisa SIMs indeed very widely distributed (available in all R-KIOSK / ). The sim costs €1 and comes with €1 credit. Mobile internet will not work until you activate the card by making a phone call. I think this might be the problem woody1 had.

Internet costs €1/day, but because of the need for activation the initial credit is not enough - you need to make a phone call for which credit is deducted. Calling the free service menu didn't activate my card (although it should have, according to a person in an Elisa store). Also, checking the available credit with the USSD code is subject to a fee of a few eurocents ( :ranting: the first time I see something like this on a prepaid sim). Top ups are available from €3, also from the R Kiosks in the form of a scratch card. Speed and coverage are very good. Validity is OK (1 year).

gaztelugatxe 24-02-2016 19:31

Hello

Anyone has been using Elisa SIM abroad for some time now? I mean, topping up every 6-7 months with 3 euros.

Are you able to use USSD codes abroad?

What about prices for internacional numbers? I couldn`t find any information on the Estonia SIM Card Wikia.

Could it be interesting to use it abroad when EU regulation allows same prices than in home markert (of course limited)?

Thanks

lover08 25-02-2016 11:03

If you want I have tele2 Estonia sim
Works in roaming USSD commands work fine in roaming
Long validity Topup 2€ gives 8 months validity
If you want it write me a message

Alex


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net