PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   O2 Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5169)

callfan 11-07-2009 13:05

O2 Germany

Hi guys! I'm going to spend 6 days in Germany, and I need some info about o2 sim cards. I read they have really good offers for international calls (to Italy, in this case), that is 29 cent/€ per minute.
My questions are:

1) where can I buy the sim card? Assuming I'm going to spend about 5 hours in Frankfurt airport

2) do I need a german address? And how can I activate it?

3) how much airtime do I have after activation, and where can I buy top-ups?

Thank you, you're really precious! :)

Edoardo

inquisitor 11-07-2009 13:22

O2 don't have good international rates at all. The provider you mean is based on the O2 network though and is called Fonic. You'll find all requested information in the appropriate thread - just use the search function!

callfan 11-07-2009 13:26

But...i found it in the O2 page, here on PrePaidGSM.net!
Intenational calls to EU/USA are billed 0.29€, according to PrePaidGSM: O2 (Germany)

callfan 11-07-2009 13:33

Here
o2online - o2 o Prepaid
under Auslandskosten - Telefonieren von Deutschland ins Ausland

inquisitor 11-07-2009 14:31

With Fonic Italian fixed lines can be called for € 0,09/min and SMS to Italy cost € 0,19 instead of € 0,29 andSo better go for Fonic!

callfan 11-07-2009 15:21

Ok! Anyway, my questions up there remain the same... :)

9eor9 11-07-2009 18:11

You can also have a look on blauworld - the call home SIM
Italian fixed 7,9 ct, mobiles 29 ct, all german landline and mobile networks 15ct/min.
Buy in electronic retailers such as Media Markt, Saturn etc..
Registration online, address required, but no check. Just use a Hotel's address or a friend's one.

Top up with cash vouchers, available for instance in cigarette stores, filling stations, Norma supermarkets, Globus and others.

or regular bank transfer (account shown on website)

or Bancomat, choose eplus network, maybe ask somebody with a german bancomat card.

ATTENTION : There is also blau Die günstige Prepaid SIM-Karte von Ihrem Mobilfunk Discounter for use within Germany.
DO NOT MIX, you need a BLAUWORLD SIM.

callfan 11-07-2009 23:54

Oh thanks, that's an interesting deal! Do you think I could find them in an airport?

9eor9 12-07-2009 08:25

I cannot say if you'll find them in an airport shop, it may be possible.
But you can order online on the blauworld website and have it sent to your friend or hotel, just transfer 9,90€ to their bank account with the remark of the number you have chosen. The address given must be a german address as far as I know.
They send by post as a letter but it it may take a week. All details they confirm via email.

You can recharge blauworld SIMs with any blau cash voucher. There are no different vouchers for blau and blauworld SIMs.

If you have given them your bank account or credit card data, you can also top up from your balance there (see website).

inquisitor 12-07-2009 10:01

There's at least no shop of an official distibutor at FRA airport, who would sell Fonic, O2 or blauworld SIMs. Also the gasstations on the airport compound (Shell, Esso, BP) do not distribute SIM cards.