PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Paytoo mobile Sim Card (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5745)

YackieMobile 01-04-2010 01:02

Paytoo mobile Sim Card

Dear Customers.....

The SIm card will be delivered to Florida, our office April 7, then we will ship all cards to our customers, distributors etc etc

Have a great Easter Week end

Pay too Management

MATHA531 01-04-2010 01:30

.....and you still have the records of people who have unexpired credit on your previous sim cards?

YackieMobile 01-04-2010 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATHA531 (Post 31743)
.....and you still have the records of people who have unexpired credit on your previous sim cards?

Yess off course.....

FBlack_111 02-04-2010 17:29

Would you explain the Paytoo fees? Must you use a Paytoo Prepaid Master card? Is there a fee to use a credit card? What about a monthly admin fee with a pre-paid Master card? What about an inactive fee after 90 days? If the Paytoo Master card falls below $15 it is deactivated. Do you lose the $15?

andy 02-04-2010 19:32

Bear in mind this is a forum about mobile phone SIM cards, not financial products

rfranzq 02-04-2010 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 31773)
Bear in mind this is a forum about mobile phone SIM cards, not financial products

Paytoo is seeming to combine the two things in a large way. I am not sure I can quite wrap my brain around all that they are trying to combine. a prepaid balance on a SIM card is in some sense financial--look at everyone who has gotten burned. I think many of us will shy far away from any company that combines large balances with a SIM card. Are fingers are fried.

From their website:
Quote:

Paytoo Mobile is the first Worldwide GSM Mobile Wallet that merges a complete Telecom Suite of Services and a Mobile Payment Solution using a unified balance. Start using your available credit to call, transfer, pay and redeem throughout the world in a secured fashion and in real time.
What that all means: I am not sure. The phrase "unified balance" scares me.

YackieMobile 03-04-2010 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBlack_111 (Post 31766)
Would you explain the Paytoo fees? Must you use a Paytoo Prepaid Master card? Is there a fee to use a credit card? What about a monthly admin fee with a pre-paid Master card? What about an inactive fee after 90 days? If the Paytoo Master card falls below $15 it is deactivated. Do you lose the $15?

Paytoo Mobile is a suite of products, and you are free to use just a part of them

If you stay at the telecom level, you dont have any fees, if you apply for your prepaid Mastercard, you will have some fees attached to the MC only, but you will be able to make a call by using all telecom services included in your account, to do a Online payment for Ecommerce purpose ( Micro payment using your mobile account ), to transfer some credit to any one in the world ( client or not ) and to also use a prepaid mastercard attached to your account.

and to do a cash in or a cash out in around 200 000 worldwide location today

We just come with what the market of 3 billions unbanked peoples who have an GSM handset request.

Andy will say that it's not a GSM product, It is Andy, Mobile payment, Mobile Transfert are not any more a concept.....we have many MVNO working with us for integrating paytoo in their own SIM cards....

Happy Easter

GadgetKen 13-04-2010 06:21

Paytoo/Yackie email received asking where to send sim card

Just got an email from Yackie/Paytoo asking to confirm my name, address, contact phone number, email address and 2 backup password reminders.
They are mailing out replacement sim cards with remaining Yackie balances on them.
It's encouraging that they are honoring the old Yackie balances after all these months, but I'll need to actually receive a usable sim card with the balance to really believe it.

Some interesting things on this offer:

1. Netherlands based sim card. Wonder who the backbone carrier is?
2. Some interesting rates for Caribbean to USA in $USD (my primary interest)
Bermuda: .165
St. Kitts/Nevis: .435
Antigua: .255
Netherlands Antilles: 1.05
Cuba: 2.58
also USA to USA is .585 and Canada to US is 1.53
Bermuda, Antigua, St. Kitts/Nevis, and Antigua are very competitively priced (Bermuda is even less than my Digicel Bermuda card).
Visiting Bermuda end of May to mid June and can confirm rates there then. Will put my Digicel Bermuda card in one slot and the Paytoo sim in the other and compare the two on price, reliability and voice quality.
3. Data is available in some countries.
4. Prepaid MC is not of much use to me (I have regular credit/debit/ATM cards already that offer more perks and without monthly or transaction fees associated with this card). I suppose the direct micro-payment system might be useful to work a cellular enabled vending machine so you don't have to fish for spare change though.

petkow 13-04-2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetKen (Post 31911)
4. Prepaid MC is not of much use...

Just a thought for applications on this side of the pond! Would this prepaid MC satisfy Ryanair? i.e. Would they waive their ordinary 5GBP/EUR booking charge per passenger per flight if this product were used for payment? I would guess so, but I have been told that some cards which are marketed as prepaid mastercards, still do not get picked up the Ryanair booking and payment engine.

Quote:

Mastercard Prepaid Debit Card
As a special offer to the above card holders, Ryanair, for a limited period only, will not apply an administration fee

petkow 13-04-2010 11:29

However, on second thoughts I have just seen this from the paytoo homepage: (sorry I missed it first when GadgetKen mentioned it)
Quote:

Paytoo Prepaid MasterCard Card is issued by Choice Bank Ltd pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Transaction fees, terms and conditions apply. All trademarks, service marks and registered marks are the properties of their respective owners.
This is the same as pretty much all of the other prepaid Mastercards out there. What is point of paying for the luxury of paying, if most of us have other payment methods?? I presume most international travellers that this might appeal to have ordinary credit cards, bank cards etc.

From the 2 mins I have had to browse the Paytoo site, other than that tiny bit in the smallprint, I can see no other details about what the transaction costs are of using the Mastercard. Are they hiding this?

YackieMobile 13-04-2010 12:15

The concept here is not to only offer a prepaid MC to the client, as we are in the prepaid world, as we have half of the world unbanked, but 5 Billion GSM users, we offer a full suite of products who merge the Telecom and the financials services.

It's because we have been developped since few years...

Out top up network, we offer now around 200 000 locatiosn worldwide when you can do a cash in and a cash out from your Paytoo Mobile account

Exemple, deposit made in USA, transfered from your Paytoo to the receiver paytoo and redeemed to the Chinese post office.....

We offer also a Prepaid Mastercard using and sharing your telecom Balance ( Patented Paytoo mobile )

We offer to the user to pay online by using his credit availlable on his paytoo mobile account

all of these services are availlable separatly or all together....

( for the Backbone, it's Vodaphone ......)

VladS 13-04-2010 12:32

I wonder how long before the system falls under the scrutiny of the anti money laundering watchdogs. Offering financial transactions 'on behalf of a third party' at a corner convenience store can be tricky...

petkow 13-04-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 31918)
I wonder how long before the system falls under the scrutiny of the anti money laundering watchdogs. Offering financial transactions 'on behalf of a third party' at a corner convenience store can be tricky...

Good point! I suppose these sort of services are regulated like Moneygram or Western Union or other favourites of our Nigerian friends. ;)

@YackieMobile... Thanks for your reply, but you are rather good at not answering any questions or points raised in earlier posts such as by FBlack_111 and myself. What exactly are the fees associated with using the Mastercard? Are the terms available to see on your website? I cannot seem to find them.

123456 13-04-2010 13:26

Some questions ...

@YackieMobile: Can you tell us how to order a Paytoo sim card, how much credit will be included and what it will cost including shipping (to Europe)? I can't find this information on the Paytoo website.

@Petkow: The right website to find the terms and fees is paytoomobile.com:
- Paytoo Mastercard Fees
- Paytoo Mobile Rates
- Paytoo Terms GSM
- Paytoo MasterCard Terms
- Paytoo Terms Mobile Wallet

VladS 13-04-2010 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 31919)
Good point! I suppose these sort of services are regulated like Moneygram or Western Union or other favourites of our Nigerian friends. ;)

There's one major difference... Both Western Union and Moneygram are licensed in each and every country (in the US and Canada at the state/province level) they operate in. They require the sender to fill out a form with the sender's and recipient’s info and they also require both senders and recipients to show proof of ID. Some jurisdictions have additional requirements to satisfy the 'know your customer' rule.

I feel it would be a bit difficult to to try to license the corner store guy...

Bossman 13-04-2010 13:54

Am I the only one that did not notice the cost for incoming calls on the mobile rates page. Just outgoing?

petkow 13-04-2010 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 31921)

Thanks. There seems to be some difference between the Mastercard fees listed on Paytoo MasterCard Terms and those listed in Paytoo Mastercard Fees
e.g. Monthly Administrative Fee listed as € 2.95 in one place and Free in the other.

petkow 13-04-2010 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 31923)
Am I the only one that did not notice the cost for incoming calls on the mobile rates page. Just outgoing?

No it is there further down when you make a selection between 2 countries.
e.g.
Quote:

Outgoing call :
You call from Bahrain to UK Mobile : 0.31 €/mn
You call from : Bahrain to UK Land Line : 0.15 €/mn
Sending SMS : 0.18 €/sms
Incoming Call when in Bahrain
Caller reach you on your cell phone: 0.12 €/mn
Receiving SMS : FREE

GadgetKen 13-04-2010 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 31916)
This is the same as pretty much all of the other prepaid Mastercards out there. What is point of paying for the luxury of paying, if most of us have other payment methods?? I presume most international travellers that this might appeal to have ordinary credit cards, bank cards etc.

From the 2 mins I have had to browse the Paytoo site, other than that tiny bit in the smallprint, I can see no other details about what the transaction costs are of using the Mastercard. Are they hiding this?

While I agree with Andy we shouldn't delve too much on payment cards on a GSM themed website, it does appear they are intertwined here. The interlinked prepaid MC and money transfer capabilities may be of use to some people. But I agree with you the primary purchasers will tend to be people like ourselves with other forms of payment already available to them. Transaction costs are here: PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage
Rates for mobile phone calls are here: PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

On the financial regulation of this product to prevent money laundering, they are asking for an address and contact information. However, they could ask for further ID (drivers license or passport number) to further validate customers like I've seen with GSM sim cards for some carriers and/or restrict the amount of money that can be transferred in one transaction or in one day.

On having Vodaphone as the backbone carrier, that is a large well known carrier (with ties to Verizon in the US), so that is a welcome choice.

My interest here is really with the GSM sim card and not the optional financial capabilities(of little use to me other than possibly a cellular enabled vending machine that I haven't seen in the USA yet: http://www.vendingmarketwatch.com/web/online/VendingMarketWatch-News/Coca-Cola-Co-secures-patent-for-cellular-phone-enabled-vending-transactions/1$11068 , but I do wish them well with that aspect of their service. I'm really more interested in their Caribbean to US mobile phone rates...this could save me money for international calls in some instances over my current options.

123456 13-04-2010 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 31922)
I feel it would be a bit difficult to to try to license the corner store guy...

It seems that Paytoo Mobile has some partners for that. Using call credit vouchers to top-up a Paytoo Mobile is basically the same as depositing credit into a mobile wallet. I hope there is a direct link between Paytoo and Vodafone (NL), but i think it will be via a third party (MVNE) like Teleena.

andy 13-04-2010 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by YackieMobile (Post 31917)
( for the Backbone, it's Vodaphone ......)

some of the speculation was never denied - this and the next few posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 29722)
Hmmm... I'm not impressed with the rates... It looks like the card is sourced from Vodafone Netherlands.

snidely 13-04-2010 16:03

At first glance it would seem "as Yackie puts it" the financial part of the package is to serve the "unbanked" classes in the world. What I don't understand is - why these types of customers would want an international GSM card. The minority of people in this class who can afford a cell phone would get a prepaid in their home country. They obviously don't travel - so what use would they have for the GSM card Yackie is selling?
Seems like 2 different products to serve 2 completely different set of customers.

YackieMobile 13-04-2010 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 31918)

We are fully regulated, with AML umbrella, financials licence, Money transfer compliance, and we only work with Regulated partners, financials institutions and banks.....we respect the KYC process and we are Mastercard partner...

NO risk.....

YackieMobile 13-04-2010 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 31919)

@YackieMobile... Thanks for your reply, but you are rather good at not answering any questions or points raised in earlier posts such as by FBlack_111 and myself. What exactly are the fees associated with using the Mastercard? Are the terms available to see on your website? I cannot seem to find them.

Just read correctly the website......PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

YackieMobile 13-04-2010 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 31921)
@YackieMobile: Can you tell us how to order a Paytoo sim card, how much credit will be included and what it will cost including shipping (to Europe)? I can't find this information on the Paytoo website.

@Petkow: The right website to find the terms and fees is paytoomobile.com:
- Paytoo Mastercard Fees
- Paytoo Mobile Rates
- Paytoo Terms GSM
- Paytoo MasterCard Terms
- Paytoo Terms Mobile Wallet

The Card for the European countries will be ship from our French office, and will work in EURO....

Bossman 13-04-2010 20:29

You may want to tell your website designer that the incoming calls cost and possibly some other info are not showing up. Looks like it's there, but a style-sheet issue is preventing it from being viewable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YackieMobile (Post 31933)
Just read correctly the website......PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

YackieMobile 15-04-2010 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 31935)
You may want to tell your website designer that the incoming calls cost and possibly some other info are not showing up. Looks like it's there, but a style-sheet issue is preventing it from being viewable.

I sent your comment, but when i'm looking here i dont see any issue
PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

they will take a look any way

Bossman 15-04-2010 08:46

It's fixed. Never mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YackieMobile (Post 31956)
I sent your comment, but when i'm looking here i dont see any issue
PaytooMobile - Rates and coverage

they will take a look any way

petkow 15-04-2010 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 31924)
There seems to be some difference between the Mastercard fees listed on Paytoo MasterCard Terms and those listed in Paytoo Mastercard Fees
e.g. Monthly Administrative Fee listed as € 2.95 in one place and Free in the other.

Can this be answered? From the two links I posted I see this:

Fees PAYTOO MasterCard® Prepaid card
Monthly Administrative Fee € 2.95

MasterCard Terms and Agreements
Monthly Administrative Fee Free

So which one is it?

123456 15-04-2010 16:12

Next try...

@YackieMobile: And the price of the SIM card is?

YackieMobile 15-04-2010 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 31961)
Can this be answered? From the two links I posted I see this:

Fees PAYTOO MasterCard® Prepaid card

MasterCard Terms and Agreements
Monthly Administrative Fee Free

So which one is it?

this one Fees PAYTOO MasterCard® Prepaid card

Sorry , was a typing mistake, thank you for your survey

YackieMobile 15-04-2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 31962)
@YackieMobile: And the price of the SIM card is?

We dont sell directly the yackiemobile SIM card ( telecom services only ), we let our distributors or white label partner do it themself

We do sell the Paytoo Mobile SIM card online or also through our distributors and partners.....

We sell online for 29,95 EURO or USD with the same value of air time credit

bbob 16-04-2010 14:39

I just registered for my exchange card.

Looking at the website I am not really impressed by the offer.

Voip rates are not competitive. I am using voicetrading and rates are much lower.

Seems like the phone does not have a fixed number you can call only a coutnriy did number that connects to the phone or a special number to sms. This reminds me of the israeli numbers they were using before. You have to give a number for calling and anther for sending sms, yackie correct me if I am wrong.

Incoming call cost to major eu countries is 0.21 euro per minute. This is not competivite. Eu has sent maximum roaming rates for EU operators and those rates are not much higher. Outgoing call rates are lower than the maximum EU set rates.
No free or low incoing roaming charges here.

Many will not be interested in the pay/money part of the yackie solution as this is a forum about mobiles.

Doesn't look like a card I am going to use frequent in the near future but will test it.

ygeffens 16-04-2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbob (Post 31974)
I just registered for my exchange card.

Hi Bob,

Where did you find the page to apply for the exchange card (I assume to trade in your former Yackie card) ?

I'm sure I'm missing it. :eek: (need glasses)

Thanks
Yves

Bossman 17-04-2010 00:08

BBob, while I do not have the replacement sim yet, the email they sent made it seem like a DID is not a must. The email said the sim comes with a Belgium number and that one can rent a DID if wanted.

prion 17-04-2010 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ygeffens (Post 31977)
Hi Bob,

Where did you find the page to apply for the exchange card (I assume to trade in your former Yackie card) ?

I'm sure I'm missing it. :eek: (need glasses)

Thanks
Yves

I think he means he sent an email to them

YackieMobile 17-04-2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 31979)
BBob, while I do not have the replacement sim yet, the email they sent made it seem like a DID is not a must. The email said the sim comes with a Belgium number and that one can rent a DID if wanted.

The SIM have a native Netherland number, not a belgium.....so incoming call, sms are usable with this number + 31 6......

And you can link any DID you want if needed......

regards

YackieMobile 17-04-2010 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbob (Post 31974)

Seems like the phone does not have a fixed number you can call only a coutnriy did number that connects to the phone or a special number to sms. This reminds me of the israeli numbers they were using before. You have to give a number for calling and anther for sending sms, yackie correct me if I am wrong.

The card have a native number from netherland, usable for incoming call and SMS, it's also the showed caller ID for outgoing call

regards

ps) this forum is for mobile, correct, but half of the word is unbanked and 5 billions users have a GSM, and today remittance, mobile payments, mobile money transferts is the Future.....

Bossman 17-04-2010 18:41

That's right. My mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YackieMobile (Post 31982)
The SIM have a native Netherland number, not a belgium.....so incoming call, sms are usable with this number + 31 6......

And you can link any DID you want if needed......

regards

bbob 18-04-2010 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by YackieMobile (Post 31983)
The card have a native number from netherland, usable for incoming call and SMS, it's also the showed caller ID for outgoing call

regards

ps) this forum is for mobile, correct, but half of the word is unbanked and 5 billions users have a GSM, and today remittance, mobile payments, mobile money transferts is the Future.....

Thanks for the info.

Next question.

What about incoming call cost. When someone calls the dutch +31 phone number will there be free roaming ?
I understand that when someone calls a did number this has to be forwarded to the dutch number and will cost extra.

Can you comment on this ?