PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   United Mobile Works In Indonesia? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831)

123456 07-03-2006 07:10

Until last year Indonesia was in the list of countries were you could use United Mobile. Does anybody have recent experience with UM in that country?

Effendi 07-03-2006 08:08

Mobilkom Liechtenstein roams in Indonesia on Excelcomindo network, so Riing will do as well, at least for incoming calls.

123456 14-03-2006 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Effendi
Mobilkom Liechtenstein roams in Indonesia on Excelcomindo network, so Riing will do as well, at least for incoming calls.

But this is the answer from customer service:
Dear customer
We dont have a roaming agreement with Indonesia.
Best regards

United Mobile
customer service

I will only find out when i get there ... :blink:

Effendi 14-03-2006 11:18

Yes, officially it's not supported, probably because of problems with USSD commands, but I think you'll be able at least to receive calls...

albino 26-03-2006 03:44

Hmmm .. do you think that could be a triggering problem effendi? Perhaps callback is blocked there?

Effendi 26-03-2006 14:38

Yes, exactly that is what I was thinking... not all operators support callback

Przemolog 26-03-2006 15:23

Quote:

But, as you said before, callback capability is not needed necessary for incoming calls. I think that if it is the case and incoming calls work, UM simply skips Indonesia in their coverage listing because the service is not fully functional there. Note that Hop OTOH "reveals" its roaming partners with incoming calls only - it's just a difference in policies....

UKSTEVE 03-04-2006 11:58

Quote:

I think it's 'cos of calback.

Callback services are increasingly being banned in many parts of Australasia, mainly in Indonesia, by protectionist telcos.

Bad news. I suspect that this protectionism will extend to other countries soon.

Steve :(

prion 01-05-2006 21:53

On the roaming partners of Excelcomindo I do not see the mobilcom. I find that indosat has roaming agreement with mobilcom. What is happening really;;;

What about the cost of incoming calls in this country with united mobile;;;

snaimon 02-05-2006 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by prion
On the roaming partners of Excelcomindo I do not see the mobilcom. I find that indosat has roaming agreement with mobilcom. What is happening really;;;

What about the cost of incoming calls in this country with united mobile;;;

You would have to call or write customer service as Indonesia in NOT listed in the rate table.

If you receive a call, maybe you can determine the rate by noting the balance before and after the call and judging the time.

Stan