PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   XXsim now add a +44 number free of charge (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10022)

dg7feq 31-10-2017 16:08

XXsim now add a +44 number free of charge

starting from next month XXsim will add a UK mobile number free of charge to all accounts. incoming calls to this number are also free of charge in 150 countries. You can ask customer care if you wish to set the outgoing number to the +44, otherwise the +372 is still used.

ghostrider 31-10-2017 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 49375)
starting from next month XXsim will add a UK mobile number free of charge to all accounts. incoming calls to this number are also free of charge in 150 countries. You can ask customer care if you wish to set the outgoing number to the +44, otherwise the +372 is still used.

Thanks for the information. May I ask you if this number is a premium one (Isle of Man or Jersey, very expensive to call, like those provided by Lemonsim) or a normal one?
Thanks in advance

dg7feq 31-10-2017 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 49376)
Thanks for the information. May I ask you if this number is a premium one (Isle of Man or Jersey, very expensive to call, like those provided by Lemonsim) or a normal one?
Thanks in advance

i will feedback as soon as my card got this number.

ghostrider 01-11-2017 06:43

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.

bourbonkiller 01-11-2017 20:47

Here is the official email that I found in my Inbox today:

Dear XXSIM registered customer,

Please take note that we will add a new, free feature to all of our XXSIM cards. A new UK Number (+447) will be added to each SIM card. This means that the SIM card will be reachable on the base number (+372) as usual and also at this new UK number (+447). This number carries the same benefits (free received calls abroad in approx. 150 countries). This feature will be available on all our SIM cards in maximum 1 month from now. As soon as your UK number is active, it will be available in your account. You have to click “More” to see it.

Of course, you can still add up to 3 other national numbers (Swiss landline +41, USA landline +1) at the conditions described on the website. If you already have a national number active, nothing will change except that a new UK number will be added. If you already have a national UK number active, then this number will have the same benefits as the base number (+372) from now, and no new number will be added. Your caller ID will remain unchanged. If you prefer your caller ID to be the UK number for outgoing calls, you can place a request at support@xxsim.com.

ghostrider 01-11-2017 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourbonkiller (Post 49379)
Here is the official email that I found in my Inbox today:

Dear XXSIM registered customer,

Please take note that we will add a new, free feature to all of our XXSIM cards. A new UK Number (+447) will be added to each SIM card. This means that the SIM card will be reachable on the base number (+372) as usual and also at this new UK number (+447). This number carries the same benefits (free received calls abroad in approx. 150 countries). This feature will be available on all our SIM cards in maximum 1 month from now. As soon as your UK number is active, it will be available in your account. You have to click “More” to see it.

Of course, you can still add up to 3 other national numbers (Swiss landline +41, USA landline +1) at the conditions described on the website. If you already have a national number active, nothing will change except that a new UK number will be added. If you already have a national UK number active, then this number will have the same benefits as the base number (+372) from now, and no new number will be added. Your caller ID will remain unchanged. If you prefer your caller ID to be the UK number for outgoing calls, you can place a request at support@xxsim.com.

Let us know if the UK number they will assign is a Guernsey, Jersey, Man or - hopefully - normal mobile phone number. Thanks.

MBK 01-11-2017 23:51

Will this UK number also be shown when sending Sms?

Thanks.

MBK 01-11-2017 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 49380)
Let us know if the UK number they will assign is a Guernsey, Jersey, Man or - hopefully - normal mobile phone number. Thanks.

Given that incoming will remain free in the same 150 countries its relatively certain it won't be a normal number.

But it will of course be interesting to see how much calls to this number will be charged compared to the Estonian number.

ghostrider 02-11-2017 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBK (Post 49382)
Given that incoming will remain free in the same 150 countries its relatively certain it won't be a normal number.

But it will of course be interesting to see how much calls to this number will be charged compared to the Estonian number.

I specifically asked them this question and they replied "it will be a normal number". Obviously this can be confirmed only by those who already have the sim. Let's see what DG7FEQ will say after testing the new number.
I also have another question: since their website is a bit cryptic, where can I find the section and prices for other numbers to be added?

bourbonkiller 03-11-2017 14:33

I had contact with the support of XXsim today. They told me, that my UK Number is already assigned and it is a regular UK number. My number is +44 7700 3XXXXX.

Researching it here http://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/#077 I got told, it is indeed a "regular" mobile number, but from SURE from Jersey. Localphone charges me 19.9 Euro Cent per minute to call.

On the other hand, included minutes from mobile contracts do not diversify by carrier...

BK