PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Strange problem connecting to Wind (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7814)

TraceyJ 25-05-2013 10:44

Strange problem connecting to Wind

I've successfully reactivated Mega Unlimited on a SIM card I purchased last September but I can't access the Internet on my iPhone - the APN settings are correct and bizarrely I can use the iPhone as an internet hotspot and use my iPad to connect to the internet ok! Any ideas why I can't use the iPhone to connect directly to 3G please?

Thank you
Tracey

Punk808 27-05-2013 11:18

If i can give you a suggestion, try to go in safari of your iphone and try to digit: start.wind.it you should be able to connect on Wind 3G network, by the way check your credit also, doing like this *123# because usually you need to have a little of credit on your Wind Prepaid Sim, try out and let me know, if everything works out for you. Have a nice day :)

TraceyJ 28-05-2013 09:39

Many thanks for trying to help Punk808 :)

I do have credit and unfortunately putting start.wind.it in Safari didn't work.

It's a fantastic hotspot for my ipad - speed is great but I just wish I could use my iPhone when I'm out and about! I think I had the same problem last September though but had completely forgotten to find a solution in the interim months :roll:

Punk808 28-05-2013 10:14

TraceJ you are more then welcome, look if i can give u a suggestion, you can do like this, try to get a wifi free zone, and try to connect with you iphone at the safari and try to digit start.wind.it because if you do this, your cell will be configured on the Wind network 3G data. or anyway i suggest you to go in a Wind store around you and ask for help, they pretty sure will help you, because i had the same problem the first time with my iphone because was a vodafone iphone so was still configured on vodafone, but then i digit on the safari: start.wind.it and it configured by it self and i was able to use Wind on iphone.

UKSTEVE 28-05-2013 16:01

The iPhone has a lot of mobile data settings that have to be `just right' for the mobile Internet to work.

My experience on an iPhone 3GS and 4 suggests that the carriers are complicit in this, meaning that when you unlock an iPhone, unless everything is set up properly, you will have problems.

+Steve :)

TraceyJ 28-05-2013 22:27

Thanks Steve, my phone was unlocked when I bought it from Apple. My Facebook notifications come through ok too. At least I can use it as a personal hotspot I guess so my 25 Euros was not spent in vain! I just don't like not being able to solve the mystery!

TraceyJ 29-05-2013 08:10

The latest update is that when I use a VPN based in Italy, I can connect to the internet via 3G from my phone! :confused: So I've fooled my network provider into thinking I'm in Italy (although I really am in Italy!).

Effendi 29-05-2013 09:51

It's surely some configuration problem with your iPhone, not depending directly on Wind.
Unfortunately I never used an iPhone and I cannot help you configuring it, I prefer Android and WP much more, where everything is easier ;)

TraceyJ 29-05-2013 10:22

Thank you Effendi :) just noticed I have used 91% of my 10GB on Mega Unlimited already, hope the lower speed isn't too slow once I hit 10 GB!

Effendi 30-05-2013 08:09

Unfortunately it is... it's almost unusable at 32kbps... :(