PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pre-paid SIM card for Poland (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7500)

shuly 11-12-2012 10:11

Pre-paid SIM card for Poland

Hi,

Visiting Warsaw for a few days soon and would like to have a local SIM card for a few calls and maybe some data too. I understand the options (Play and Heyah seem to work best for me), my questions are:
- Do they sell micro-SIM cards (for iPhone 4)?
- Is it possible to buy a card at the airport (Chopin)? Where?

Thanks a lot,

Shuly

sperial 11-12-2012 16:38

If data is not very important or you have WiFi at the hotel the cheapest is an Israeli Golan SIM - ILS 0.35 both for calling home and for incoming calls. Order on the site or by at some Bug or Ivory computer stores (listed on the Golan site).

janyyc 14-01-2013 11:02

Suggest only going with Play if nobody within Poland will be calling you. The rates are crazy, from Orange/Plus/T-Mobile to Play. I use Orange. It's probably the weakest network of the big three, but the rates are very low, and it works every time I come to Poland (like right now). If it's only calling you're looking for, then Orange is great. If it's a combination of data and voice I still recommend Orange, especially in the big cities. If it's just data in the big cities, then go with Play.

Motel75 14-01-2013 12:56

I'd suggest Heyah - low voice rates including international, great data rates, and expiration date extended by one year every time you do anything that costs something. Frequent x2 offer that doubles topup credit, though this is unlikely to be an issue for a short visit. Available in lots of places - look for the red hand logo. (And I think they do offer the Apple-compliant SIM nowadays.)

Motel75 14-01-2013 12:59

Oh, and as far as Warsaw airport goes, there are a couple of newsagents who stock SIM cards.

shuly 06-02-2013 15:07

Thanks a lot for all the replies, that's very helpful.

Shuly

Motel75 19-02-2013 21:02

Having recommended Heyah above, I've noticed something odd: The one-year validity does not appear to be reset by calls or SMS (or probably data use) from outside Poland. My account is set to expire in October, one year since the last time I was in PL and remembered to use Heyah - calls placed since then from Germany have had no effect on this date.

Motel75 24-02-2013 09:02

As to what I last posted, the Heyah 1 year validity option now costs 3 zloty a month, with a 5 Zl signup fee (waived until 19 March). Not very nice of them.

Rok wa?no?ci konta po ka?dej rozmowie

bylo 14-07-2014 15:18

I'm going to be in Poland for about 2 weeks in August.

I'm looking for a SIM card and prepaid data with these features:
• 500MB to 1GB data
• VoIP
• tethering a PC to my smartphone.
• good coverage in Zakopane/Tatras
• prefer website in English but not essential

I would appreciate recommendations for a carrier as well as where to buy this in Krakow.

Dziękuję bardzo.

bylo 17-07-2014 16:49

No one has any suggestions or recommendations?