PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Callback, VoIP, Satellite and all other technologies (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Betamax/Rynga (VoipCheap, VoipBuster, etc.) no caller ID? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7291)

international 24-07-2012 11:48

Betamax/Rynga (VoipCheap, VoipBuster, etc.) no caller ID?

Previously the caller ID worked pretty well but now I can't make it work. I set the caller ID on but to no avail. What's the problem? Do you experience similar errors?

They don't have any customer service, do they? I use Rynga from the Betamax family.

inquisitor 24-07-2012 12:11

Have you tested different destinations? From my observation Dellmont (formerly known as Betmax) have a pretty dynamic routing which makes use of unused capacity from carriers around the world who sometimes don't present the caller ID you've set but instead none or one from their own network none (often from countries like Russia or China). Also I've seen calls to Eastern European mobile networks to be terminated through GSM gateways/SIM boxes (which is illegal). I don't say they deliberatly use such illegal methods but probably their wholesalers do.
That said these caller ID issue usually apply only to certain destinations and are only temporary.

international 31-07-2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 40150)
Have you tested different destinations?

Do you mean to call a different country?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 40150)
Also I've seen calls to Eastern European mobile networks to be terminated through GSM gateways/SIM boxes (which is illegal). I don't say they deliberatly use such illegal methods but probably their wholesalers do.
That said these caller ID issue usually apply only to certain destinations and are only temporary.

So I wait and it will resolve? It's like this for months... :(

inquisitor 31-07-2012 12:12

Yes, I mean a different country or in case of a mobile network another mobile network. But the problem persists for that long you should contact customer care.

international 04-08-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 40199)
Yes, I mean a different country or in case of a mobile network another mobile network. But the problem persists for that long you should contact customer care.

OK. Do they have customer care? Do they reply to anyone? I tried it before but to no avail.

inquisitor 04-08-2012 17:54

They have but they rarely reply. You need to contact them through the contact form hidden somewhere on their website.

international 27-08-2012 21:41

Does Dellmost (formerly Betamax) have an official support forum?

OK, they replied in email and basically they said that's the service, caller ID just does not work for some places. It sucks.

dg7feq 28-08-2012 08:17

which country are you calling to? I currently have no issues with Caller ID on Betamax/Finera (mostly calling to Canada, Thailand and Estonia)

9eor9 22-09-2012 18:33

no problems

I use Rynga and Dialnow since years to and from France, England, India, Switzerland, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Italy, Poland, Austria, USA and I cannot remember any issues regarding the caller ID since ages.

international 24-09-2012 18:57

The caller ID works again! Strange but nice. I tried Romania!