PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   BeNeLux (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   SIM card for voice in Belgium and Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8494)

eurouser 23-05-2014 23:37

SIM card for voice in Belgium and Germany

Misplaced the PIN for my LIDL Fonic SIM out of Germany, now I have to buy a SIM in Brussels when I land or in downtown Brussels. 90% of my calls will be incoming from the US and Germany. I expect to make a few outgoing calls to the US, Germany and maybe Belgium. Maybe 3 - 5 hours over two weeks of outgoing calls. Won't need data, everywhere I go will have WIFI nearby. What is the card I should get?

Donal 24-05-2014 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurouser (Post 45598)
Misplaced the PIN for my LIDL Fonic SIM out of Germany.

You could phone the fonic service center, +49 176 8888 0000, and ask for the PUK. Most German techies speak excellent english.

I think the PUK is also available via your online fonic account.

eurouser 24-05-2014 15:33

Got my LIDL PIN and it is working. If I read the tariff correctly I will pay 0,28 €/Min. (30s/1s) to make calls to Germany and 1,29 €/Min. (60s/10s) to call the USA from Belgium. I think it is 0,08 €/Min. (1s/1s) to receive calls from anywhere while in Belgium. Probably cheaper than getting a Belgian SIM for one week. Obviously, calls to the USA from Belgium would be too expensive to use this SIM for. Just curious, what would be the best option for a SIM from Belgium in this circumstance?

gkeeper 24-05-2014 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurouser (Post 45600)
Got my LIDL PIN and it is working. If I read the tariff correctly I will pay 0,28 €/Min. (30s/1s) to make calls to Germany and 1,29 €/Min. (60s/10s) to call the USA from Belgium. I think it is 0,08 €/Min. (1s/1s) to receive calls from anywhere while in Belgium. Probably cheaper than getting a Belgian SIM for one week. Obviously, calls to the USA from Belgium would be too expensive to use this SIM for. Just curious, what would be the best option for a SIM from Belgium in this circumstance?

Your best bet for calling back to US in my opinion would be the Piranha Mobile Sim, cost around 15 cents per minute to call back to US, and you get a free local US based number. There are many on market to chose from (too many to list) but very few that give you free local US numbers. You also get the added bonus of VoIP so incoming calls when connected are free and calling back to US is around 2 cents per minute.
hope this helps.

rfranzq 24-05-2014 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkeeper (Post 45601)
Your best bet for calling back to US in my opinion would be the Piranha Mobile Sim,

Look Piranha over, it might be a good solution for you.
I got my area code and it also has a UK number.