PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Question about WIND packages. (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7112)

amjams 10-03-2012 12:02

Question about WIND packages.

Hello.

I'm currently in Milano studying.

I have a bit of a situation. I bought a WIND SIM card with some minutes per week package, and later on I added what they inappropriately call no limit internet package. Later, I found out it has a 1GB traffic limit.

I reached that limit in less than 10 days because I was using Skype/tango to call my family back home and I also used alot of GPS navigation because I'm new in the city.

Now I'm interested in the package they have which has a 10 GB limit. The problem is, it is advertised as a pc internet package with a usb key.

What my question is, can I get that package on the same SIM card that I use for my phone, so that I can use it for mobile internet, but at the same time I would get the usb key as well, because I'd be interested in the remaining of the monthly traffic to use for my pc to do some downloading... I would use that in conjunction with the internet that the place I'm staying in offers, which is slow.

Summary:
I want to get the 10 GB package and use for my phone and occasionally my laptop. Is that possible?

Effendi 12-03-2012 14:28

Yes of course it's possible, no problem at all. But if you want to use it on the same sim you have now you have to first deactivate the 1GB option and then activate the 10GB option.

olegy 23-04-2012 11:11

daily data plan

what is that new daily data plan for 2 Euro ? is that mean if i'll not activate any data plan on prepaid sim , the daily plan will be activated automatically, when i'll use internet?

Effendi 24-04-2012 10:42

Exactly, if you do not active any data option you get the daily offer at 2€ for 250MB at max speed.
For few days (<5) it's a good option, otherwise it's better to go with the Internet No Stop or Mega Unlimited.

olegy 25-04-2012 07:57

Thank You Effendi for your help. I plan to visit Italy in October. A frend of my will be in Italy in summer , and I want him to buy me prepaid Wind sim. So what should he ask from seller? prepaid Wind sim with "Super Senza Scatto " . And what about sim activation ? Can a seller top up the sim with additional 15 euro ?

MYprepaidgsm 23-05-2012 07:56

Im planning to get the mega internet from wind in italy.
Im at their site, dont understand Italian.
What is the link to that product?

I will land in rome first, so which reseller is closest to termini station

DRNewcomb 23-05-2012 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYprepaidgsm (Post 39494)
I will land in rome first, so which reseller is closest to termini station

There is one either in the termini station or quite close:
P.zza DEI CINQUECENTO SNC co Stazio
00185 - ROMA - (RM)
Tel: 06/48906274
Fax: 06/48906274
The grandistazioni.it lists a Wind shop in Roma Termini (0800-2200) but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly where.
AFAIK there is still not a Wind shop at Leonardo da Vinci Airport.