PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   UK & Ireland (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   how to top up mobile partner dongle credit (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6422)

davedarkstar 11-12-2010 16:47

how to top up mobile partner dongle credit

hi guys,
im new to this forum and im not sure if ive posted in the rite place so forgive me if im wrong here...ive been given a huawie k3565 vodafone Internet dongle which came with mobile partner software instead of the usual mobile connection software, it works perfectly and im quite impressed with seeds etc, the problem is i cant see how to top up the credit on it, i need to find out how to do this before the credit runs out so would be very grateful for help on this matter...thanks in advance...dave...

inquisitor 11-12-2010 17:20

How recharging is done depends on your carrier, as there are different recharging methods.

Most likely you'll have to enter a top up code by a so-called USSD code (something like *123#). Allthough Mobile Partner generally supports USSD, the corresponding function is hidden and unhiding it is a bit complicated.

Therefore I would suggest you download a tool called MDMA. Afterwards fully close Mobile Partner (through File | Exit) and start MDMA - in the lower left you will see an input field, where you can enter any USSD code. When you've entered the USSD code click "Send USSD".

davedarkstar 11-12-2010 18:45

hi and thanks for your advice,
i tried the mdma tool, but it tells me i have given it an unknown command when i enter ussd number in help list for vodafone...ie *100# is what they suggest for balance inquiry. the list in the help is for vodacom not vodafone uk. i have contacted vodafone uk and they tell me i can top up the dongle by phoning 08700776655 and entering the dongles sim number followed by the top up voucher numbers, is the dongles phone number the imei or the imsi number...thanks again,i hope this is of some help to other users too...cheers...dave jones...ps, im presuming ican get a balance in the same method too.

inquisitor 12-12-2010 03:31

Vodacom is Vodafone's South African subsidiary, who have their own USSD codes. That's why *100# does not work with your British Vodafone SIM.

For Vodafone UK use the following USSD codes:
to check credit : *#1345#
to top up : *#1345*VOUCHER NUMBER#

The dongle's phone number acutally is, as its name implies, the phone number of the SIM card, not the IMEI or IMSI.
However the only thing you need now it a top-up voucher, whose code you need to submit by USSD as given above.

davedarkstar 12-12-2010 12:08

hey my friend, you are a star,
that works fine, can you tell me the ussd number that will give me the dongles sim mobile number or could you give me a link for vodafone uk ussd numbers...thanks again...dave.

inquisitor 12-12-2010 15:01

You're welcome.

*#100# requestes your phne number (MSISDN).

There are a couple more USSD codes at Betavine - USSD, but I guess most are irrelevant for you.

davedarkstar 12-12-2010 16:16

thanks once again,brilliant,job done and thanks for the link, interesting...dave.

davedarkstar 07-01-2011 22:34

by the way folks...ive found that you can also check dongle sim credit in any unlocked mobile phone...jus pop the sim in and call *#1345#...presume this is for uk vodafone though....:)