PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spain & Portugal (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Which spanish sim has no monthly minimum charge? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9531)

Tomiochen 11-02-2015 19:53

Which spanish sim has no monthly minimum charge?

I'm visiting Spain only once or twice a year for just a 3-7day period. And I look forward to having a local spanish number for a bit call and mainly for surfing.

After having learnt the ample info from this site and some spanish telco sites too, I've found that most of them would charge the 'minimum fee' if there was no chargeable activity in each month.

Since I do not stay in Spain for a long term but just a couple of days once or twice a year, I would not love to get charged for useless like that.

So would you guys recommend me please which sim or which telco would hit my point ?

Which sim can be still active with no activity for 6 or up to 12 months ?
And which one can be recharged online with non-spanish credit card?

gandalf 19-02-2015 09:42

http://www.cnet.com/news/traveling-t...ional-roaming/

This may help?

lover08 19-02-2015 12:49

Spain SIM card

Orange Spain has long validity 12 months from last top_up and it can be topped up from abroad.
Vodafone Spain also has good validity terms 9 months from last usage

there are no monthly charge for some plans so you can just leave it with you and take it each time you go to Spain

On Orange there are good rates from Internet
6€ 500 MB package than slow speed
9€ 1GB package than slow speed
12€ 2GB package than slow speed

I will send you link where you can buy this to personal message

gaztelugatxe 24-02-2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lover08 (Post 47543)
Orange Spain has long validity 12 months from last top_up and it can be topped up from abroad.
Vodafone Spain also has good validity terms 9 months from last usage

there are no monthly charge for some plans so you can just leave it with you and take it each time you go to Spain

On Orange there are good rates from Internet
6€ 500 MB package than slow speed
9€ 1GB package than slow speed
12€ 2GB package than slow speed

I will send you link where you can buy this to personal message

Orange should be your choice.

Vodafone needs to be top up once every 6 months (new conditions)

Regards,

wolfbln 24-02-2015 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaztelugatxe (Post 47585)
Orange should be your choice.

Vodafone needs to be top up once every 6 months (new conditions)

Regards,

I agree, Orange is a good option.
But be aware there is only one Orange tariff on prepaid which doesn't have a monthly base charge.
But online on your account (which is only available in Spanish) you can change tariff lines instantly without fee on Orange.es on the "mi tarifa" menu.

The only tariff without base rate is the "Mundo SIM" tariff without any data package.
When leaving Spain and trying to keep the SIM card alive, you should either:
- reset online to this particular tariff
- or be so low on credit, that a monthly fee can't be charged and thus other tariffs will be stopped.

Q: And which one can be recharged online with non-spanish credit card?
A: you can recharge Orange with a non-Spanish credit card with a trick:
This procedure is verified: you can top up online on the "Recargas" section in the Client’s area on their computer website. This is not possible on their mobile version. American and European credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) are verified to work if you select the "Pago con banca electrónica" instead of "Pago con tarjeta de crédito". Note: these options are not available on mobile version of Orange website, and it appears to default to "crédito" which doesn't work. Thus, recharges from €5 to €50 can be made. You will be awarded promotional bonus credit for topping up.

Tomiochen 26-02-2015 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfbln (Post 47586)
I agree, Orange is a good option.
But be aware there is only one Orange tariff on prepaid which doesn't have a monthly base charge.
But online on your account (which is only available in Spanish) you can change tariff lines instantly without fee on Orange.es on the "mi tarifa" menu.

The only tariff without base rate is the "Mundo SIM" tariff without any data package.
When leaving Spain and trying to keep the SIM card alive, you should either:
- reset online to this particular tariff
- or be so low on credit, that a monthly fee can't be charged and thus other tariffs will be stopped.

Q: And which one can be recharged online with non-spanish credit card?
A: you can recharge Orange with a non-Spanish credit card with a trick:
This procedure is verified: you can top up online on the "Recargas" section in the Client’s area on their computer website. This is not possible on their mobile version. American and European credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) are verified to work if you select the "Pago con banca electrónica" instead of "Pago con tarjeta de crédito". Note: these options are not available on mobile version of Orange website, and it appears to default to "crédito" which doesn't work. Thus, recharges from €5 to €50 can be made. You will be awarded promotional bonus credit for topping up.

Thank you very much for a such precious information !