PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My experience with Onesimcard. (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5654)

rfranzq 18-02-2010 03:13

My experience with Onesimcard.

I have been very happy with it.
I got my SIM from them taking advantage of their United Mobile SIM card swap offer in early May 2009:

United Mobile SIM card | Free SIM Replacement Program

It included $10.00 credit. I was finally able to use it in Europe in December. It worked well. I also have ekit cards. Each SIM has different rates in various countries and having more than one SIM can give one a certain flexibility.

Some things I really like about OneSIMcard.
1. There is a link on the web page for sending free SMSes to their cards.
2. The cards have an email address:
3725xxxxxxx@sms.onesimcard.com
So anyone can send an email from a computer.
Receiving SMSes is free so this is great. No subject is received on the email and there is a 160 character limit on both.

This afternoon, I set up the SIM for an aquaintance who is going to Asia for about 6 weeks. Hong Kong, Japan, Philipines, Vietnam and Thailand. OneSIMcard has decent rates for these places.

OneSimCard 18-02-2010 16:18

Thank you rfranzq, I'm glad you have enjoyed using OneSimCard. It's always great to hear feedback from customers, both the positives and negatives of their user experience. If I can help with any support down the road just let me know.

James

Sophia 11-03-2010 17:46

I received my OneSimCard in the mail yesterday and activated it online. I put it in my old K700i phone, which is a triband (800, 1800 and 1900) but so far, it cannot find any networks. My Nexus One which I think is a quadband phone, has the Truphone Local Anytime and that one finds Rogers easily. Not sure it is because we are in rural Canada, I guess the best way to find out is try and pry loose the plastic case and swap cards :) I'll keep everybody informed :D Boy, this playing with sims is getting fun :D

OneSimCard 11-03-2010 18:13

Hi Sophia,

You will likely need to use the GSM 850 band if you are in a rural area. GSM 1900 is primarily for urban areas. Let us know how it works in your Nexus One.

Thanks,
James

rfranzq 11-03-2010 19:42

Looking forward to updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia (Post 31433)
I guess the best way to find out is try and pry loose the plastic case and swap cards :) I'll keep everybody informed :D Boy, this playing with sims is getting fun :D

Well, the next step is to get a dual SIM phone. <g>

I know you have [at least] two international SIMs now. This will give you some options [and backup] that one card could not have. Also, 'one will be better' than the other in various situations and you will at least know you are saving some money in different situations--even if it is still too much or not much saved.

Sophia 11-03-2010 20:16

I got 2 sims, I ordered the Truphone after Celtrek went belly up, and then I traded the Celtrek sim for the OneSimCard because I had nothing to lose anyway :) That is enough, one can be used by my hubby and the other by myself, both will do fine.

And I don't think I can quite get away with buying yet another phone, after spending $650 on the Nexus One, haha. :D

bbob 11-03-2010 21:06

Has someone found a reliable voip carrier that offers good rates to call the onesimcard estonian number ?

rfranzq 12-03-2010 03:02

Good deal! and voicemail update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia (Post 31438)
...and then I traded the Celtrek sim for the OneSimCard because I had nothing to lose anyway :)

Best $0.0 you ever spent! [Loonie or greenback]

And here is some good news of the last month or so:
Quote:

New Toll Free access number for customers in the U.S. or Canada to retrieve voicemail for free: 1-866-703-4770.
And here is the bad news:
Quote:

First you need to call to the voicemail from your OneSimCard phone and set up a password.
At least in Canada you will not spend half your free balance setting up voicemail. I just had an opportunity to send the SIM with someone on a trip and asked that they set up voicemail on it.
And you can always use SMS.

rfranzq 12-03-2010 03:21

common local and personal access number questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 31440)
If you are a OneSimCard customer then you can give out our common local or toll free access numbers found in the user guide (or order a personal access number) to your friends, family, colleagues, etc. Numbers are currently available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Australia and Israel. People can call your Estonian mobile number this way and the cost is just charged to your OneSimCard account at 35c/min.

1. How much is a personal access number both US and Canada]? Is there a choice of area codes or are they pretty limited [all in Massachusetts]?

2. I guess I know the answer to this one. From the US one can call the toll free access number or the local access number [and a personal access number] all for the same 35c/min. I know the price/cost difference is tiny [no more than 2 cents perhaps?]. Is there no way to have some price difference show itself? Not worth the effort? I know I would try to save some cents here of there [that is, choose to use a local access number over the toll free one].
Thanks for being here.

powerlifter 12-03-2010 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 31446)
1. How much is a personal access number both US and Canada]? Is there a choice of area codes or are they pretty limited [all in Massachusetts]?

2. I guess I know the answer to this one. From the US one can call the toll free access number or the local access number [and a personal access number] all for the same 35c/min. I know the price/cost difference is tiny [no more than 2 cents perhaps?]. Is there no way to have some price difference show itself? Not worth the effort? I know I would try to save some cents here of there [that is, choose to use a local access number over the toll free one].
Thanks for being here.

Several years ago I used a International roaming card. It was a Hop card. It went bankrupt and I lost over $100.00 of credit. Lesson learned. Now I use a local sim card. When I saw the .35 cents for a personal access number it reminded me of Hop. I have a 866 number that I can send to any sim card in the world. It is $2.00 a month and .6 cents a minute to call anywhere in Europe. What a huge profit for onesim. I have the number on my business card. So anyone can call me if they need to get a hold of me. All I have to do is go online an redirect the number to the sim I am using. Very simple and efficient. There are many companies that do this, and they have toll free numbers in many countries. I am through with International sims. They are to expensive,and the local sims in the EU are cheap now for roaming.

prion 12-03-2010 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerlifter (Post 31453)
Several years ago I used a International roaming card. It was a Hop card. It went bankrupt and I lost over $100.00 of credit. Lesson learned. Now I use a local sim card. When I saw the .35 cents for a personal access number it reminded me of Hop. I have a 866 number that I can send to any sim card in the world. It is $2.00 a month and .6 cents a minute to call anywhere in Europe. What a huge profit for onesim. I have the number on my business card. So anyone can call me if they need to get a hold of me. All I have to do is go online an redirect the number to the sim I am using. Very simple and efficient. There are many companies that do this, and they have toll free numbers in many countries. I am through with International sims. They are to expensive,and the local sims in the EU are cheap now for roaming.

Do you mean it costs 6 cents/min to forward to a mobile in Europe or landline only?

Sophia 12-03-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 31435)
Hi Sophia,

You will likely need to use the GSM 850 band if you are in a rural area. GSM 1900 is primarily for urban areas. Let us know how it works in your Nexus One.

Thanks,
James

Problem solved :D Today I went to town, and reception was flawless there, thanks also for the technical help from Axel F of the support team trying to sort this problem :)

OneSimCard 12-03-2010 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 31446)

Thanks for being here.

1. The cost varies based on how long you subscribe to the personal second number ($1.67-$4.99/mo for local U.S. or toll free U.S./Canada; $4.99-$8.99 for local Canada). There are a number of area codes available in the U.S. and we currently offer three area codes in Canada (Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver).

2. Yes it is 35c/min billed to the received whether you use a common or personal access number. One advantage of the personal access number is that there is no prompt so you can use it for call forwarding from your domestic cell, office, etc.

powerlifter 13-03-2010 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by prion (Post 31458)
Do you mean it costs 6 cents/min to forward to a mobile in Europe or landline only?

Yes I do. only .6cents for Russia I think it is .13 cents.

mingelli 13-03-2010 15:14

Can you explain which company you use to forward the Did number for that price?

powerlifter 13-03-2010 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mingelli (Post 31474)
Can you explain which company you use to forward the Did number for that price?

Quote 1. The cost varies based on how long you subscribe to the personal second number ($1.67-$4.99/mo for local U.S. or toll free U.S./Canada; $4.99-$8.99 for local Canada). There are a number of area codes available in the U.S. and we currently offer three area codes in Canada (Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver).

2. Yes it is 35c/min billed to the received whether you use a common or personal access number. One advantage of the personal access number is that there is no prompt so you can use it for call forwarding from your domestic cell, office, et Quote

I use Kall8.com. They forward to any phone you use. There are several others that are out there. I just happened to think this one was the best for my situation.

I understand making a profit, but 5.00-9.00 a month plus 35 cents/min is way to much.
I can use my 866 number for call forwarding from my cell phone as well. I get a load of features with the number. Voice Mail & Fax Mailbox,Call Tracking Tools,Call Blocking,
Custom Call Forwarding,Conference Calling,and Virtual Calling Card. This is what I get for 2.00 a month. It is well worth it to me.

Sophia 13-03-2010 20:37

Would it work with Google Voice? I know they forward to a 403 (Calgary) number...

RTuesday 14-03-2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerlifter (Post 31477)
I use Kall8.com. They forward to any phone you use.

Kall8 do charge more for forwarding to mobile for most countries. For example to a UK mobile it's 38c/min, France is 37c/min, Mexico 46c/min.

Kall8 International Rates

See the note at the top: "Special Services includes, but is not limited to, cellular and audiotext services". So a rate marked "France (Special Services)" is to a French mobile.

(I use localphone, incoming numbers in various countries cheap, voip account, forwarding to Mex mobile for 8.8c/min, UK mobile 12-25c/min, France mobile 11c/min).

Rob

(edit) for Estonia mobile, Kall8 is 52c/min, Localphone is 22-34c/min depending on the number - what is the number range for a OneSimCard card? The big advantage with a VOIP account that forwards when not connected to VOIP (like Localphone does) is that I only pay for forwards when out of range of wi-fi.

prion 14-03-2010 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTuesday (Post 31479)
Kall8 do charge more for forwarding to mobile for most countries. For example to a UK mobile it's 38c/min, France is 37c/min, Mexico 46c/min.

Kall8 International Rates

(edit) for Estonia mobile, Kall8 is 52c/min, Localphone is 22-34c/min depending on the number - what is the number range for a OneSimCard card? The big advantage with a VOIP account that forwards when not connected to VOIP (like Localphone does) is that I only pay for forwards when out of range of wi-fi.

I think the prefix they are using is the +372531
Localphone charges 28,8 eurocents/min to that range

mingelli 14-03-2010 10:27

Have you used Localphone to forward successfully to an estonia mobile,
as many voip companies don't forward to Estonian numbers.

RTuesday 14-03-2010 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mingelli (Post 31484)
Have you used Localphone to forward successfully to an estonia mobile,
as many voip companies don't forward to Estonian numbers.

No I haven't tried. I don't have any (working!) international sims now.

I mainly use them to forward to Mexico mobile when out of range of wi-fi.

At 29c/min they're not a very good deal for forwarding to OneSimCard anyway, there are probably cheaper around (but not Kall8 ).

Bossman 14-03-2010 21:08

Actually, you'll be lucky to find any forwarding service to these Estonian numbers that is less than $0.29. Most of them plainly just do not connect and some of them even state so on their website. And those that will connect to it are outrageously high. I'd be suspicious of any that post a too good to be true rate for forwarding to these numbers. It likely will not connect most of the time.

I had international sim card with an Estonian number briefly last year, and I used Rebtel to forward to it. The rate was about $0.29 I think.

snidely 15-03-2010 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerlifter (Post 31453)

I tend to agree. I have used VoiceStick.com, in the past, to do this from the U.S. to a pre-paid SIM.
Now, I often manage to make use of T-Mobile U.S. ability to make free calls back to U.S. if you have a wifi connection. That, and the ability to get/send email on my BB for 67 cents/day often means I don't need a pre-paid.
As many have discovered, many LD carriers refused to carry calls to high priced numbers like +372 mobile and formerly to United Mobile in Lichtenstein. I wouldn't dare have business contacts or friends spend lots of $ to call me. I always make sure they can get me by using my regular number - which then gets forwarded.
Once Google Voice initiates forwarding to intl. numbers - it will make things easy. GV has all kinds of advanced features. Numbers are free. You can use them to dial overseas, now, just not fwd.

...mike

OneSimCard 25-03-2010 18:49

Free voicemail

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 31445)
And here is the bad news:
First you need to call to the voicemail from your OneSimCard phone and set up a password.

UPDATE: There's no longer a need to make an international call to set up a voicemail password or listen to messages. We just added a new feature where you can now listen to voicemail online by logging in to your account and clicking on the Voicemail link. There, you can also set voicemail to be emailed to you as an audio file and change passwords or other settings.

I would love to hear more suggestions from customers on ways we can improve our service.

Thanks!

123456 26-03-2010 17:34

Something wrong?

When i click on the voicemail link in my account i end up in my 'voicemail cabinet' in Russian instead of English. Onesimcard, how can i change this into English?

OneSimCard 26-03-2010 17:56

No problems reported

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 31670)
When i click on the voicemail link in my account i end up in my 'voicemail cabinet' in Russian instead of English. Onesimcard, how can i change this into English?

That is likely a font-related issue where you have something installed on your computer that is making it display in Russian instead of English. The system is designed to support both languages. I will speak with our techs to see if I can provide more information and post a reply back here.

123456 13-04-2010 15:01

@Onesimcard: The language problem is fixed. My voicemail settings are in English again. Thank you for solving this matter.

OneSimCard 13-04-2010 22:56

Thanks for confirming, I'm glad everything is working well. Feel free to post any more feedback here.

monkeyboy 22-04-2010 02:37

Celtrek

Do I understanding, from an earlier post here, that OneSimcard will exchange Celtrek SIMs just as they do with UM SIMs?

rfranzq 22-04-2010 07:11

You're in luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy (Post 32080)
Do I understanding, from an earlier post here, that OneSimcard will exchange Celtrek SIMs just as they do with UM SIMs?

Here is their page:
Celtrek Global Roaming Inc. SIM card | Free SIM Replacement Program
It is about the best value you are going to get these days.

Sophia 22-04-2010 12:32

They give you $10 credit with it, not a bad deal. I got mine about a month ago, and so far I've been happy with OneSimCard.

OneSimCard 22-04-2010 17:50

Celtrek SIM card replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy (Post 32080)

Thanks rfranz & Sofia for beating me to it - you two are fast :D

Monkeyboy, follow the link from rfranz, fill out the form and mail us your deceased Celtrek SIM. We will ship you a free OneSimCard SIM with $10 balance once we receive it.

Are there any other international SIM card brands that people would want to trade in for a free OneSimCard? We may open this replacement program up to all other global SIM cards for anyone who wants to make the switch. Any feedback is appreciated.

andy 22-04-2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 32096)
Are there any other international SIM card brands that people would want to trade in for a free OneSimCard? We may open this replacement program up to all other global SIM cards for anyone who wants to make the switch. Any feedback is appreciated.

PrePaidGSM.net Forum - Announcements in Forum : International GSM prepaid cards

specifically:

Unfortunately some dealers use this forum for:
- spamming
- bad talk about competitors
These two behaviours are unacceptable.
We accept dealers to talk ONLY about their product(s) and not about any competitor's.

Your following post has been deleted, and I'm banning you for a few days, subject to review by Effendi

kayexalate 18-05-2010 06:52

Trading in International SIM for Free OneSimCard

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 32096)
Thanks rfranz & Sofia for beating me to it - you two are fast :D

Monkeyboy, follow the link from rfranz, fill out the form and mail us your deceased Celtrek SIM. We will ship you a free OneSimCard SIM with $10 balance once we receive it.

I have the Telestial Passport Global SIM card. It worked ok. I used it in Europe & Africa. It was nice to have free incoming calls in Europe. However, in Africa, I couldn't the ringback to work in Mozambique. I was frustrated because I was stuck and couldn't make any outgoing calls.

I was doing some research on the OneSimCard and came across this forum.

I'd love to send you my Telestial SIM card for a free OneSimCard to give it a try. :clap: Thanks.

FBlack_111 18-05-2010 14:44

For those who occasionally have ring back issues in other countries with their EKIT sim, there are other ways to get the ring back to work if you have problems. That's in addition to using the *126*......# code.

I am not sure this still works, but it helped me once in a country where ring back failed.

I discovered that the only way to make an outbound call was to send a text to "1234" with the contents of the text message containing the callback phone number string: *102*country code Number# and then waiting for a callback. IE: text

*102*1 858 555 1234# and send this as a text message to 1234. No charge for the text.

OneSimCard 18-05-2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayexalate (Post 32509)
I have the Telestial Passport Global SIM card. It worked ok. I used it in Europe & Africa. It was nice to have free incoming calls in Europe. However, in Africa, I couldn't the ringback to work in Mozambique. I was frustrated because I was stuck and couldn't make any outgoing calls.

I was doing some research on the OneSimCard and came across this forum.

I'd love to send you my Telestial SIM card for a free OneSimCard to give it a try. :clap: Thanks.

I am quite certain that the mods do not want me to provide an answer to your question, but hopefully by calling our customer service department they can help you with your request. Thank you for your interest.

ruloko 11-06-2010 16:58

OneSimCard unreliable in Egypt

We used Onesimcard in Egypt and found it frequently unreliable. After dialing either a US or Egypt phone number, we sometimes got a call back ring, but we would wait 10-15 minutes for the call to go through, but it never did. Other times calls did go through, but probably 75% of the time we couldn't complete calls. Texting worked fine. Next time I'll get international service on my phone. Better to pay more and have reliability.

OneSimCard 11-06-2010 17:06

PM me details

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruloko (Post 32796)
We used Onesimcard in Egypt and found it frequently unreliable. After dialing either a US or Egypt phone number, we sometimes got a call back ring, but we would wait 10-15 minutes for the call to go through, but it never did. Other times calls did go through, but probably 75% of the time we couldn't complete calls. Texting worked fine. Next time I'll get international service on my phone. Better to pay more and have reliability.

Please PM me your account email address and phone model used so we can investigate and report back. Thank you.

Grampa 26-07-2010 23:48

I ordered one of these under the United Mobile replacement program. No risk there. My only hesitation about adding funds is that the funds apparently expire after 10 months and the minimum recharge amount is $25. After two years, the number itself is lost. If you don't travel that much, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table just to keep the card active.

OneSimCard 27-07-2010 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grampa (Post 33394)
I ordered one of these under the United Mobile replacement program. No risk there. My only hesitation about adding funds is that the funds apparently expire after 10 months and the minimum recharge amount is $25. After two years, the number itself is lost. If you don't travel that much, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table just to keep the card active.

Grampa, congrats on taking advantage of the United Mobile replacement program. Your balance will expire 10 months from the last recharge, but it will keep rolling over as long as you add the minimum amount at least once every 10 months. There's no need to add a lot of airtime in advance, you can just set up auto-recharge.

If your balance does expire, you can always add funds later when you are ready to travel. The phone number and SIM itself will never expire as long as you make or receive at least one call every two years. If you don't plan on traveling for the next 2 years, just call yourself once before it expires to get a new 2 year window.