PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mobile broadband in Croatia - and Skype (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5254)

dacritts 23-08-2009 15:39

Mobile broadband in Croatia - and Skype

Hi,

I'll be in Croatia next month and want to stay connected through mobile broadband. I will also need to use Skype on the connection.

Do T-Mobile, Vipnet OR Tele2 pay as you go offers allow you to use Skype?

Thanks.

dilijasi 10-03-2010 20:49

hi dacritts
sorry, I saw your posting just now. You have probably gone there and got an answer to your question. I live in Croatia, have mobile broadband prepaid pack from VIP Voda but never actually tried Skype's voice service. I think operators are not blocking VOIP for PAYG customers on 3G/HSDPA...could you confirm it?

dacritts 12-03-2010 17:04

Hi dilijasi,

I was in Croatia twice last year after my original posting. On both occasions I used Skype successfully with VIP: no blocking. I had previously checked with the other 2 operators and they both said that they do not block Skype.

The only problem I encountered was if the the signal was a bit weak, then Skype wouldn't work. But that's the same everywhere.

Hope that helps,

dacritts.

dilijasi 13-03-2010 12:09

alright, thanks

petkow 07-07-2010 11:29

I just spotted that vip now have a half price offer available for monthly internet access. 1GB of data costs just 7 Euros!
Vip - Sve zbog vas

Is this tariff available for all prepaid customers? I will be in Croatia next month, and am looking at buying a vip SIM. Is anyone who was there recently selling one, or has anyone got any experiences on how easy it is to pick one up after arrival?

inquisitor 07-07-2010 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by petkow (Post 33167)
Is this tariff available for all prepaid customers?

According to VIP's FAQ page you can't activate data tariffs for voice SIMs:

Quote:

Mogu li Vip mobilni internet tarife koristiti i na govornoj pretplatničkoj liniji?
Can I use mobile internet tariffs on a prepaid voice line?

Ne, Vip mobilni internet tarife ne možete aktivirati na svojoj govornoj pretplatničkoj liniji.
No, Vip mobile internet tariffs can not be activated on your prepaid voice line.
So you seem to need a special data SIM.

petkow 07-07-2010 14:04

Thanks Inquisitor. In which case I will probably just buy a normal voice SIM and stick to that. I presume it still has data, but at a higher rate. I think there is WiFI in most of the locations where we are staying anyhow. Otherwise heavy internet usage will have to rest while I am there! ;)

vegemite 11-08-2010 22:00

Anyone know how to check usage? I have a broadband prepaid SIM seems to be working ok in my phone with 1GB pack, but no phone capability of course. Does anyone know how check usage?

hkr 11-08-2010 22:26

I suggest you check out another forum on this board where we discussed Croatia mobile internet quite a while ago. Things seem to be still very similar there. I was using a normal VIP voice SIM there which data options. 3G worked from our hotel quite well, and I was using VoIP (SIP-based) with good results.

Mobile Internet in Croatia? [Archive] - PrePaidGSM.net Forum