PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Americas (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New 4G Unlimited Provider Launching next month $49/mo (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7339)

BigEasy 26-08-2012 06:02

New 4G Unlimited Provider Launching next month $49/mo

There is a new 4G service provider launching next month Sept 21. They are offering 4G unlimited talk, text, and data for $49. One of the things that stands out to me is Roaming included which could give a much larger coverage area.
My straight talk is up in a week so I might give it a try. 49dollar-cell.com

DRNewcomb 26-08-2012 10:32

Solavei is a MVNO on T-Mobile's net that is sold via a MLM scheme. Right now it's being shilled all over the net by shady millionaire wanabees. Here's a Howard Forums thread on Solavei.

inquisitor 26-08-2012 11:41

Will Solavei be prepaid or postpaid?

DRNewcomb 26-08-2012 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 40502)

A "prepaid" postpaid. As I understand it you'd pay monthly, in advance. There's a $49 startup fee, plus something like $25 for the SIM, plus your first month, in advance. And I assume plus taxes and "fees". The benefit is that it is a good deal with no long-term contract, but not very good for a visitor because of the high startup cost. I have not seen any details on international calling or roaming.

BigEasy 26-08-2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 40502)

It is PrePaid on a Monthly basis, which is the only reason I would give it a shot.

You know at the end of the day I don't care how it is being marketed I just look for value and so far that's what I see here is value. By just enrolling my family I would cut my phone bill down to 29.00 per month. Not only would they all be happy with unlimited everything but I would have a great service for even less than the 30.00 T-Mobile plan.

If they implode so what I just switch back to Straight talk or another MVNO.

inquisitor 26-08-2012 14:29

As expected Solavei isn't an option for infrequent visitors, but nevertheless consumers will benefit from the increased competitive pressure. Given T-Mobile's weak market position I wonder why they don't introduce some aggressive prepaid tariffs, which has proven successful in many other countries. The decline in handset subsidies in the US will probably support a shift towards prepaid tariffs.

BigEasy 08-09-2012 16:03

Soalvei Service

I have been using the Solavei service for a week now and the speeds and coverage and signal are the same as when I was on T-Mobile. Have not had a chance to try out the roaming yet as I'm in a big metro area. So far :thumbup:

I got in during the current special and didn't have to pay the 49.00 activation fee and got my second month free.

BigEasy 17-10-2012 16:49

Review after 1 month of service

I have been using Solavei for a little more than 1 month now. So far I'm very happy with the service, and I really like all the new features they are adding.

Right now since I started they have added:

Free unlimited international texting.
Call Forwarding.
Visual Voicemail.
Mobile Hot Spot.

All included in the 49.00

My Data speeds are very close to T-Mobile's speed just a slight bit slower, but not enough to make any difference.

Roaming is working and it is free of charge. You have to be completely out of a T-Mobile coverage area to get roaming though. If you are on the fringe areas it might not switch to roaming.

I referred 3 friends and my bill is now 29.00/mo plus I got a 50.00 bonus.

I highly recommend this service and I think it is the best prepaid plan you can get.

Right now until Oct 31st they have a special promotion where you get your first month of service free, and a free sim card. You only pay 49.00 for the enrollment fee to start service. (I wish I would have been able to get this special, I had to pay 132.00 for mine).