PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone Used Cbw Or Enlinea With Riiing Lately? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838)

tivoboy 11-03-2006 21:25

So I haven't used the services for a while, wondering if the costs have indeed gone up from the .11, or .14 $ that we had a few months ago?

any feedback and actual recent usage?

Przemolog 11-03-2006 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tivoboy
So I haven't used the services for a while, wondering if the costs have indeed gone up from the .11, or .14 $ that we had a few months ago?

any feedback and actual recent usage?

You haven't even said that you mean USA-Liechtenstein Mobile rates, just I guess :D

Enlinea went up in December, CBW is still 14 cents.

tivoboy 12-03-2006 00:47

yeah, sorry about that. How centric of me.

:-)

so, any new insight into why they went up, and if the next one will too?

andy 12-03-2006 01:32

Quote:

any new insight info
Their suppliers put the price up - but apologies, this isn't a new insight

Stu 12-03-2006 04:31

You can never speak about what the wholesalers will do to these guys, but I can tell you Barry at Callbackworld knows exactly what we are doing. I've talked to him about it and wanted to make sure that it wasn't an accident. He just provided me with my second line forwarding to Riiing.

Przemolog 12-03-2006 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu
You can never speak about what the wholesalers will do to these guys, but I can tell you Barry at Callbackworld knows exactly what we are doing. I've talked to him about it and wanted to make sure that it wasn't an accident. He just provided me with my second line forwarding to Riiing.

I don't understand - what wasn't an accident? Raising rates in Enlinea?

andy 13-03-2006 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Przemolog
I don't understand - what wasn't an accident? Raising rates in Enlinea?

I'm assuming Stu meant he checked that this wasn't miscategorised, for example as landline instead of mobile

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stu)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>He just provided me with my second line forwarding to Riiing[/quote:7393e0b8d5]
Can CBW provide forwarding from an area code number or only 800?

People calling +1800 from outside USA get a pre-call not-toll-free warning that would confuse people calling me on a UK 0844 number.

I've just got an area code number elsewhere that would be 17.5c to FL mob, but CBW would be better.

Stu 13-03-2006 09:21

It never hurts to ask, but here is an idea you might like more. Go to skype.com. By a UK skype-in number for the UK for 30 euros a year. Skype has free connections to US 800 numbers. Permenantly forward the bugger to your US 800 number.

andy 13-03-2006 14:50

Thanks, you've reinforced a different idea actually.

On Skype, can SkypeIn and SkypeOut be combined to auto-forward all calls? I've heard it referred to before, but something in their FAQ or somewhere seems to imply that this can't be done yet (that could be out of date though).

On forwarding to US (or landlines elsewhere), I already have a free 0844 number that is 2p/min from landlines, or incl in O2 minutes.

Stu 13-03-2006 18:30

Yes, Skype can do a call forward these numbers, but you have to be off Skype. PM me a phone number or an e-mail address, and we can set up a test call.

Can your 0844 number reach a US 800 number? If you want a test number to play with, try 1-800-742-5877 which is the IVR for the United Parcel Service.

Stu