PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2017 Piranha Mobile Sim Card 2017 thread (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9964)

rfranzq 17-08-2017 22:35

Piranha as VOIP provider?

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtheprof (Post 49228)
........... but I do use Piranha for VOIP (without the Simcard, using Acrobits SIP client) which seems to receive calls on both a UK and US number (yes, texts are a problem), and I can make cheap calls to anywhere at reasonable quality on free roaming data or high quality on wifi. I don't bother with the Piranha simcard anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 49230)
............. Doing the same with piranha Voip, using the resort Wi-Fi. I don't even know where my piranha SIM is.

You both seem to be happy/satisfied with using Piranha as your Voip provider.
[inertia?? you had the SiM and it works well enough so why bother changing something that is working OK?].

Does Piranha "work good enough" for your uses?
On Piranha's website they suggest Zoiper. Any reason not to?
This is mainly for experimenting and not serious use.

Bossman 17-08-2017 23:42

I primarily use it when I am traveling outside the country. And for that purpose, I am quite satisfied with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 49278)
[/B]

You both seem to be happy/satisfied with using Piranha as your Voip provider.
[inertia?? you had the SiM and it works well enough so why bother changing something that is working OK?].

Does Piranha "work good enough" for your uses?
On Piranha's website they suggest Zoiper. Any reason not to?
This is mainly for experimenting and not serious use.

Bossman 25-10-2017 11:46

Wished it had call log for forwarded calls

Anyone else noticed that the call log does not include forwarded calls? The credit balance certainly does reflect it.When I travel to Nigeria (was recently there the last 2 weeks)I forward my US number to it, then forward it to my local sim in Nigeria. The call log does not show how I am being charged for the forwarded calls. I know the rate of course.

rfranzq 07-12-2017 19:14

Is Piranha still working for your needs?

What do you use it for?

Any 'strange' uses you use it for that others would be unaware of?

Bossman 08-12-2017 18:20

I use the call forwarding service so that I can continue to receive my US calls when I am out of the country. I also use the VOIP functionality. For outgoing calls, I use vonage app or googlevoice Majority of my calls are from family and we all use whatsapp for that. So, honestly speaking, my use for international sims has diminished significantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 49411)

What do you use it for?

Any 'strange' uses you use it for that others would be unaware of?

bourbonkiller 21-01-2018 19:28

Is Piranha voip service down? I tried to connect to the voip server from two devices today and it doesn't connect at all. Error message is showing up...

rfranzq 22-01-2018 02:11

T-Mobile no longer used in USA?

For the last month or so I have tried to change my network here in California,
USA back to T-Mobile after switching it to AT&T to fool around.
I have not been able to change back to T-Mobile.
Tonight, I looked at the rate page and T-Mobile is no longer listed for the USA.
Only AT&T.

Wonder when that happened?

rfranzq 22-01-2018 20:23

Piranha's response

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 49433)
For the last month or so I have tried to change my network here in California,
USA back to T-Mobile after switching it to AT&T to fool around.
I have not been able to change back to T-Mobile.
Tonight, I looked at the rate page and T-Mobile is no longer listed for the USA.
Only AT&T.
Wonder when that happened?

Piranha says:
Quote:

hi, We have been having issues with the operator and T-Mobile has been suspended for now, once the issues have been resolved it will be reinstalled within the rates calculator.

Bossman 22-02-2018 18:53

Which SIP app

Which SIP app is folks using? Since the latest Zoiper update, my piranha account has failed to register.

bourbonkiller 25-02-2018 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 49738)
Which SIP app is folks using? Since the latest Zoiper update, my piranha account has failed to register.

Not sure if it‘s really a matter of the App Update. I use Bria and have tried with other voip apps and can not connect any more since mid january...

:o