PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Americas (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   at & t go mobile prepaid (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7093)

aposhboyfirst 26-02-2012 15:22

at & t go mobile prepaid

hi there,
I am off to the states and have purchased a at & sim card for my travels...I have registered the card as a go phone prepaid product...and am trying to use the sim in an unlocked blackberry curve 9360..

Im currently still in the uk, the phone will pick up all uk based carriers but will only allow me to make emergency calls.

any ideas...would like to get the sim working before i head out..

thanks for any advice
Ian

rfranzq 26-02-2012 21:37

The SIM really should not work in the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by aposhboyfirst (Post 38745)

The SIM really should not work in the UK.

Telekom 27-02-2012 00:02

Quote:

hi there,
I am off to the states and have purchased a at & sim card for my travels...I have registered the card as a go phone prepaid product...and am trying to use the sim in an unlocked blackberry curve 9360..

Im currently still in the uk, the phone will pick up all uk based carriers but will only allow me to make emergency calls.

thanks for any advice
Ian

AT&T GoPhone does not roam in the UK. You will be able to see all networks, but not register. You will only be able to call 112 emergency (if that.)

PhotoJim 27-02-2012 02:59

Correct. AT&T GoPhone only roams in Canada and the US (and only in Canada for the last few months).

Bossman 27-02-2012 10:54

You probably meant Canada and Mexico.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoJim (Post 38753)
Correct. AT&T GoPhone only roams in Canada and the US (and only in Canada for the last few months).

PhotoJim 29-02-2012 04:00

Yes, Canada and Mexico. Oops!

Motel75 29-02-2012 07:10

If you want international roaming beyond Canada and Mexico, your only choice is T-Mobile prepaid.

Telekom 01-03-2012 02:06

Quote:

hi there,

thanks for any advice
Ian

GoPhone does not roam in the UK and will only work to contact emergency services through 112.

Telekom 01-03-2012 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 38758)
You probably meant Canada and Mexico.

That was true. Now T-Mobile prepaid also roams in many countries besides Canada and Mexico. It does roam in much of Europe, but oddly does not roam in the UK.

Motel75 01-03-2012 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telekom (Post 38784)
That was true. Now T-Mobile prepaid also roams in many countries besides Canada and Mexico. It does roam in much of Europe, but oddly does not roam in the UK.

Yes it does - I've tried it. For whatever reason, the UK wasn't listed on the price list, but it does work.

OTOH, I was unable to get it to work in Poland, which is listed. It was "Emergency only" even with T-Mobile.