PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Help With Grps Roaming? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853)

kaydee 26-03-2006 06:00

Thanks to this forum, I now have a WIND SIM with the Mega No Limit GPRS.

Currently, I'm trying to test it here in Canada, but I'll be in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech and Switzerland over the next few weeks and hope to be able to use it there with my laptop.

I'm new to this, and I can't seem to get it to work here in Canada (Rogers network.) When I try I get an error on the phone regarding Invalid GPRS Settings.

My questions:
1. Do I use the GRPS settings of the country I am roaming in, or always use the WIND settings? (For example, on Rogers it is wapuser1/wap for the user/pass. I think I tried this and the WIND settings with no success.)

2. Do I need to set up additional profiles on my phone for each country? (I send up a WIND account on my SonyEriccson T200 under the Data Communications section, but it didn't seem to help. A Rogers one was there by default, as I used to use the phone with a Rogers SIM.) If so, is it okay to have multiple data profiles or should I delete them, leaving only the country I am in.)

Sorry for these very basic questions - I've tried searching the forums, and although I found all sorts of great information (such as the rates for using this card for GPRS roaming), I haven't been able to figure this out.

Thanks to anyone who can help me - I leave for Germany on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that I can use the GRPS when I get there.

Kelly.

Bossman 26-03-2006 12:39

Regarding your first question: No, you always use the GPRS settings of your provider, in this case, WIND.

Your second question: You can have as many profiles on your phone as the phone will allow. I am sure there is somewhere on your phone to change the default to whichever one you want. So, make sure you are trying to connect with the correct profile (WIND), or just set WIND as the default for now, till you get back to Canada, then you can change it back.

DRNewcomb 26-03-2006 14:18

Generally you have one profile per SIM. On my phone I have profiles for Wind, O2 & T-Mobile.

kaydee 27-03-2006 04:44

Thanks to everyone who helped with this. Unfortunately, I still get "GPRS Paramaters Not Supported" when I try to connect on the Rogers network.

I'm entering a blank user/password on my computer.

I've send up a "WIND" data profile with wind.internet as the APN and everything else blank.

I can't delete the "ROGERS" profile - for some reason my T200 only allows data profiles to be added, not deleted. However, I did change it to the WIND settings.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciate it. Could it just be a problem with Rogers? I'm really hoping it will work in Europe, and I leave on Tuesday...

Thanks again!

Effendi 27-03-2006 08:46

The correct APN is internet.wind not wind.internet...

kaydee 27-03-2006 21:59

Thanks - for pointing that out. I did actually have it correct in the phone - I just typed it in wrong in my message.

Unfortunately, I still get the error message. I've called the data profile "Wind". Is there something else I should try? Apart from the APN, everything else is blank. Do I need the IP address and DNS address?

Thanks!

Kelly.

AndreA 27-03-2006 23:00

try to send this sms to 4533: "GPRS SI"

Maybe the system lost the request for the activation of the service :(

kaydee 31-03-2006 12:53

Unfortunately, that didn't help either. I'm now in Germany and still get the same error message - unsupported GRPS Paramaters.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anything I am missing? I've used GPRS on the phone before, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Thanks,

Kelly.

AndreA 31-03-2006 13:30

it's really strange... are you sure that your handset needs another parameter?

I have a 7600 and it has a access point to configure to navigate... more then a APN, it's really strange... did you try to change german network?

Effendi 31-03-2006 13:36

All 4 German operators offer GPRS roaming for Wind customers.
The APN must be internet.wind you can also try to use this DNS: 215.245.255.002.
One question: do you have credit on your sim-card? Dial *123# and tell us what's your credit.