PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Getting a prepaid sim in Italy for data - help needed... (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7250)

Mike 25-06-2012 18:42

Getting a prepaid sim in Italy for data - help needed...

Hello,

I need to get a prepaid sim for use in Italy mainly for data, so would use it in a mifi device probably.

Can I just walk into a store and buy one?

I have generated my own tax code number as advised.

I will be flying into Venice next month for a vacation, so need to buy at Marco Polo airport if possible.

Looking at maybe Wind or TIM - but looking at the sites it seems like you have to enter into a long contract and I am confused, as I only need it for 3 weeks.

Thank you.

Effendi 01-07-2012 15:43

Italy is the land of prepaid, no need for long time contracts.
Take a look here for all the offers:
Prepaid data overview (Italy)

And yes, you can just enter any shop and get a prepaid sim for 10€.

buenso80 20-07-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 39804)
Hello,

I need to get a prepaid sim for use in Italy mainly for data, so would use it in a mifi device probably.

Can I just walk into a store and buy one?

I have generated my own tax code number as advised.

I will be flying into Venice next month for a vacation, so need to buy at Marco Polo airport if possible.

Looking at maybe Wind or TIM - but looking at the sites it seems like you have to enter into a long contract and I am confused, as I only need it for 3 weeks.

Thank you.

Hello Friend. I have just learned something new. The easiest way to get a italian sim with data plan are as following: Go to any electronics store and buy a 10euro Wind card(remember your passport) then wait a couple of hours for it to work(in worst case up to 48 hours). When it's working: go to www.wind.it and create an account with your new tel.No. and your codice fiscale. Viola now you can choose between most of Winds offers

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk2

madducks 28-11-2012 21:56

On the Wind cards, can you also purchase them at a Post Office or some other more common store, or does it have to be an electronics store?

I will be in Ortisei to ski and looking for one.

Thanks.

madducks 28-11-2012 22:14

Also, are there any sim's other than 3 that will work in Austria as well?

Thanks.

Effendi 29-11-2012 11:21

There's a Wind dealer in Ortisei:
PITSCHIELER EUGEN
Rivenditore Autorizzato Wind
VIA J. B. PURGER 35
39046 - ORTISEI - ()
Tel: 0471798071

All Italian prepaid cards work in Austria as well, but you have to pay for roaming. With 3 Italy, roaming on 3 Austria network, you get better rates. But I fear 3 Austria's coverage up on the mountains won't be that great...