PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Can't reach UM, can't reach my UM UK number, no reply to e-mail (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4822)

kaydee 18-03-2009 16:28

Can't reach UM, can't reach my UM UK number, no reply to e-mail

Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply. I just tried calling my UM+ (UK number) and can't reach it with any carrier - when I call I hear a ringing, but the phone itself doesnt' ring.

I've also tried calling UM on their UK number and can't get through at all.

Anyone else having this problem? Is your SIM working?

Thanks!

depee 18-03-2009 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 25748)
Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply. I just tried calling my UM+ (UK number) and can't reach it with any carrier - when I call I hear a ringing, but the phone itself doesnt' ring.

Thanks!

Hi,

My UM+ SIM is working in Germany without problems. The SIM is connected to the Vodafone DE network.

I've also sent an email to UM for about one week and I don't have an answer.

Regards,

Detlef

kaydee 18-03-2009 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by depee (Post 25750)
Hi,

My UM+ SIM is working in Germany without problems. The SIM is connected to the Vodafone DE network.

I've also sent an email to UM for about one week and I don't have an answer.

Regards,

Detlef

Thanks! Maybe it is a network problem with Rogers right now - I'll try again later.

I appreciate your response :-)

kupe 01-04-2009 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 25748)
Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply....
Anyone else having this problem? Is your SIM working?

Thanks!

Kaydee-

I also have several support tickets open with UM as well- including a balance transfer request like you. I also haven't heard anything in over a week. Something strange going on at UM for sure- they recently stopped offering any +423 sims.

Kupe

albino 01-04-2009 19:17

I cant make calls with my United Mobile Sim at the moment, but incoming is OK and texting OK. Managed to get hold of support who said they have a problem that they are working on.

kaydee 01-04-2009 21:08

I haven't been able to make calls for two weeks and still no reply to any of my tickets :-(

None of my regular long distance carriers will terminate calls to +423 anymore due to "security problems" so I guess I'll be moving on from UM soon...

Stu 01-04-2009 22:20

I used them just fine in the Netherlands.

myonlymobile 02-04-2009 12:40

I have been having problems reaching the UM+ SIM for incoming calls. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. SMS seems to be working.

Please send me an IM if you need a way to call +423-6 numbers, I have a route that is fairly reliable at US$0.19/min.

PhotoJim 02-04-2009 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 25990)
None of my regular long distance carriers will terminate calls to +423 anymore due to "security problems" so I guess I'll be moving on from UM soon...

That seems pretty lame. Liechtenstein is a legitimate country. I've visited Vaduz personally. It ain't big, but it's real and it's a pretty civilized place.

snidely 03-04-2009 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoJim (Post 25999)
That seems pretty lame. Liechtenstein is a legitimate country. I've visited Vaduz personally. It ain't big, but it's real and it's a pretty civilized place.

In the U.S., many LD carriers stopped handling calls to +423 mobiles starting 2 or more years ago. i think the problem was complaints fom customers about the HIGH prices/charges that showed up on their bills.

...mike