PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Piranha Mobile Sim Card (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7278)

dg7feq 12-12-2012 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRNewcomb (Post 41506)
I remember that Celtrek also charged for unanswered callback calls. It does not seem unreasonable to me because the company gets charged for the time you are waiting for the other party to answer. It's the downside of using USDS callback technology. The alternative would be to use a regular roaming system at much higher cost.

sure, but most of the other companies calculate this and dont charge for the incoming callback.
Of course everybody has to take his own decision - but for me this is definitely a no-go criteria for a SIM card.

PSIM 12-12-2012 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 41508)
sure, but most of the other companies calculate this and dont charge for the incoming callback.
Of course everybody has to take his own decision - but for me this is definitely a no-go criteria for a SIM card.

Please contact Piranha Admin if you would like to discuss further, as we do not feel it is appropriate to discuss your options on an open forum.

rfranzq 13-12-2012 00:31

Piranha Mobile 3G on T-Mobile's refarmed 1900mHz band.

In case anyone is wondering, Piranha Mobile can and does operate on 3G on T-Mobile's refarmed 1900mHz band.

depee 14-12-2012 11:36

I am now in South Korea and the card is working good.

amgee 14-12-2012 17:16

About the carrier

:o Do you know what's the preferent carrier for this company? For example, in Maxroam is Vodafone...

Thank you!

fsotirop 14-12-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by amgee (Post 41522)
:o Do you know what's the preferent carrier for this company? For example, in Maxroam is Vodafone...

Thank you!

O2 UK i think

rfranzq 14-12-2012 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by amgee (Post 41522)

Quote:

Piranha Roaming on::
Make Call Receive call Send SMS Voicemail Data Per Mb VoIP call Call Type
Movistar 0.19 0.10 0.18 0.16 0.56 0.03 Call Back
Orange 0.19 0.10 0.18 0.16 0.56 0.03 Call Back
Vodafone 0.19 0.10 0.18 0.16 0.56 0.03 Call Back

Tiny text quote for illustrative purposes only<g>.

If you go to the web page and look up the rates it will show networks.
In Spain, [I assume you can verify this] all 3 networks listed have the same rate. Is one of them preferred? Does it matter?

amgee 15-12-2012 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsotirop (Post 41523)
O2 UK i think

Then in the rest of the world it uses O2 partners, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfranzq (Post 41524)
Tiny text quote for illustrative purposes only<g>.

If you go to the web page and look up the rates it will show networks.
In Spain, [I assume you can verify this] all 3 networks listed have the same rate. Is one of them preferred? Does it matter?

I'm not talking about Spain but throughout the world. Many operators are connected to other carriers, but preferred are those in which they are connected primarily. Vodafone uses Vodafone carriers in the world before other carriers.

fsotirop 15-12-2012 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by amgee (Post 41526)
Then in the rest of the world it uses O2 partners, no?

I'm not talking about Spain but throughout the world. Many operators are connected to other carriers, but preferred are those in which they are connected primarily. Vodafone uses Vodafone carriers in the world before other carriers.

camelmobile uses vodafone partner networks.
piranha sim uses telna (telecom north america) infrastructure and product which i think has an agreement with O2-UK for the roaming interconnection

squawk1200 25-12-2012 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 41552)
Same here - for the countries that I need these roaming sims for, maxroam is insanely expensive. So, I used up my credit and moved on a year ago or so. Same thing with truphone. Telna is just too unreliable for me, so I stopped using that too. I now just have Piranha, and Ekit. Have not traveled with piranha yet, but ekit has served me well. When I am in UK/France, I just use my UK sim card.

I would be interested in your experience with Piranha. In the Piranha thread there are claims that Piranha uses Telna as their infrastructure provider. Unless it's a SIM issue, I would expect the same experience as Telna, in the event the claims are true.

I had some family go over to London for the Olympics and Truphone was the SIM i gave them. Other than taking some time to register, it worked flawlessly. I did have to work with Tru as the per minute pricing that I was charged did not match the prices on the web site. They did refund the difference, but it would be nice to not have to do that step.