PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Netzclub (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6688)

kuba.g 27-04-2011 12:22

Netzclub

https://www.netzclub.net/

Anybody any experience with this?

It looks like a convenient way for free 200MB of data on the German O₂ network.

My main problem is that I cannot order it to be able to test it. For that you need a German address. :(

Also I don't know how responding to the advertisements works when in roaming. (In Germany it's free).

dg7feq 27-04-2011 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba.g (Post 36485)
https://www.netzclub.net/

Anybody any experience with this?

It looks like a convenient way for free 200MB of data on the German O₂ network.

My main problem is that I cannot order it to be able to test it. For that you need a German address. :(

Also I don't know how responding to the advertisements works when in roaming. (In Germany it's free).

yes, i have one combo card and one internet flat SIM. (200 MB is 3G speed, afterwards GPRS speed, but no traffic limit)...

Works flawlessly - and dont worry about the advertisement, there was no ad for months already but they activate the packs every month anyway...

Chris

kuba.g 01-05-2011 22:39

Any ideas of how one can get hold of a Netzclub card without any German address and without staying in a hotel in Germany?

Motel75 02-05-2011 07:46

Dunno if it's possible - and I doubt it, since they are interested in advertising to people living in Germany, and getting the SIM requires filling out a profile to help target the ads.

I've got it and it works fine (tethering is officially not allowed, though it works - supposedly they check for it). But it really is limited to 200 MB/month, after which it slows down, officially to GPRS speeds (although it seems faster than this to me). I don't think Netzclub has much of a future, though, because I have only received one or two ads the whole time.

1040Berlin 03-05-2011 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba.g (Post 36517)
Any ideas of how one can get hold of a Netzclub card without any German address and without staying in a hotel in Germany?

You cannot get a Netzclub account beeing no German residental.

kuba.g 03-05-2011 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1040Berlin (Post 36530)
You cannot get a Netzclub account beeing no German residental.

(How) Do they actually check residency? :confused:

dg7feq 03-05-2011 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba.g (Post 36532)
(How) Do they actually check residency? :confused:

the terms of service say they have the right to request a copy of your ID card (but thats the same with all german providers as registering the cards is obligatory)...

BUT: the terms of service dont say that you need to be a german resident to get the card. Only that you are not allowed to block the advertisement if you want to use the free volume/minutes

Chris

sevel80 05-05-2011 14:51

Hi guys, which number should I call to know how many free minutes or MB remain?
Thank's a lot for your answer!

dg7feq 06-05-2011 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevel80 (Post 36559)
Hi guys, which number should I call to know how many free minutes or MB remain?
Thank's a lot for your answer!

as far as i know you can only check the balance of payed vouchers, not the remaining free traffic.

Chris

inquisitor 24-05-2011 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba.g (Post 36485)

Note that according to article 9.4 of Netzclub's terms and conditions they only accept three customers per address. If a fourth person living at the same address orders a SIM all SIMs are likely to be denounced without prior notice, even if these people don't have any relation except for sharing the same address.
There is at least one report on a German forum of a customer living in an appartment building, who naturally shares his address with dozens of neighbours of which at least three others obviously were Netzclub customers, which led to all SIMs being denounced.
Allthough Netzclub could just not accept a fourth SIM being ordered for the same address, they apparently take orders and disable all SIMs afterwards when they realize the number of customers per address to exceed three. That's indeed a very strange and unlogical method of abuse prevention.

Quote:

As you know Netzclub send ad messages, that contain weblinks which you are required to open in order to keep your goodies. However as I learned today these links don't contain any individual ID but Netzclub obviously somehow track page visits through their network infrastructure - so you have to open the ad link from your handset using the Netzclub SIM, which is relatively expensive from abroad, where data costs at least € 0,50/100KB (EU).