PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Americas (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   USA Home Landline and / or Cell; Canada Cell: Long Distance Calls:OneSuite.com Good? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441)

eieio 03-08-2007 19:06

USA Home Landline and / or Cell; Canada Cell: Long Distance Calls:OneSuite.com Good?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen:

i am in the US and plan to travel to Canada for about 10 days in August/September.

when i asked for what long distance would be good (international calling as well as from Canada to the US), one person suggested onesuite.com.

when i looked at it, the offering looks good from both the point of view of calling from Canada BACK to the US, as well as the unexpected find of good rates from my USA landline to various countries INTERNATIONALLY.

the downside is that it is PREPAID, so you are out the money first, and if the quality is poor, you've lost the $20 or whatever you started with already.

May I ask if any good folks on here have experience with either OneSuite.com, or another RELIABLE company that has low rates as well as good quality (sound, connection)? i intend to use it for my landline in the US (from US to Canada, and from US to various countries internationally), as well as for calling from my cell phone in Canada BACK to the US as well as some occasional calls internationally from Canada to various countries around the world. my time in Canada is only about 10 days, but still, if one doesn't plan ahead, the 10 days' worth of phone call bills can be very high.

thanks in advance for your kind assistance and advice.

snidely 05-08-2007 19:33

You won't have any problems w. onesuite.com. We also use pingo.com. Even tho Pingo charges $1/mo. service charge, they are cheaper to some countries we call. Another one we used in the past was click4prepaid.com. They were more expensive to a couple countries we call, so dropped them.
Most charge about the same price to lst world countries

Who is your cell carrier in the U.S.?

...mike

eieio 06-08-2007 05:03

Mr./Ms. Snidely: thx for your reply. glad to hear that you have good experience with onesuite. i have tmobile, and i have the 1500 min plan for roughly $60 plus various taxes, plus the Blackberry plan and all, which works out to over $100.

the onesuite seems attractive to me for several reasons, with the BIG exception of not knowing how reliable or what the quality is like:

i like their:

zip dial or whatever it's called, so you don't need to enter a PIN

the memory quick dial feature

plus, it also solves my cell phone's international dialing issues (tmobile's international rates aren't cheap)

plus, there doesn't seem to be any minimum monthly payments

i see almost NO downsides with the BIG EXCEPTION of not knowing their reliability or their quality of service (both in terms of sound quality as well as customer problem resolution).

i figure that a $10 "investment" in a trial can't hurt too much, though i'm a bit worried about giving them my credit card number since i don't know their customer service...then again, i understand that they do NOT keep your credit card number in their system so there's no chance of them putting you on any type of "repeat auto billiing".

may i ask what your thoughts are?

if you might be so kind, if you private messaged me or emailed me, i can call you to discuss this in private on the phone as well during the day or the evening.

thx again! you are a great help!

best,

Quote:

Originally Posted by snidely (Post 16537)
You won't have any problems w. onesuite.com. We also use pingo.com. Even tho Pingo charges $1/mo. service charge, they are cheaper to some countries we call. Another one we used in the past was click4prepaid.com. They were more expensive to a couple countries we call, so dropped them.
Most charge about the same price to lst world countries

Who is your cell carrier in the U.S.?

...mike

snidely 09-08-2007 01:21

Many of us on this forum have used onesuite. I've used them for 3+ years. No problem. Btw, did you know that many credit card companies will let you go online and you can get a virtual credit card number and set a max. limit. That way you can give out a number and not be afraid some one would steal the number and abuse it. If you set a $20 limit on the card, that's all that can be charged. You can even put your own expiration date (I think like a week, month etc.).
Since you have T-M, you might consider using their new Hotspot@home service. IF you are going to be at a place w. wifi (a home or some public places) you can make and receive calls as though you were in the U.S. I have used it overseas, as have others posting here. (S. Korea seems to be a problem.) Downside is you would have to get a phone from T-M that works w. this service. You don't have to subscribe to the $9.99 add-on for unlimited calling to make use of this.

...mike

eieio 09-08-2007 20:40

Hi Mr./Ms. Snidely: thx for your info/guidance.

i use the blackberry pearl. is there a way to get a Tmobile phone that does this wifi at home thing AS WELL AS continue to use my blackberry pearl? i suspect the answer is no because they would use 2 SIM cards and they would have different numbers, right?

i just signed up for $10 and called with the onesuite and it was good. i used their zip dial and their memory thing and just dialed a 2 digit number for my frequently dialed international numbers.

any other advice? ;)

thx!

PS: oh, btw, i'll be in Canada during end of August/early Sept, this Onesuite "local number" or toll free dialing is really going to help me call internationally as well as calling from Canada BACK to the USA. i'm beginning to think that this onesuite thing is like the greatest calling card invented thus far! am i overly enthusiastic? do the access numbers ring busy sometimes? that would be so frustrating...right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snidely (Post 16650)
Many of us on this forum have used onesuite. I've used them for 3+ years. No problem. Btw, did you know that many credit card companies will let you go online and you can get a virtual credit card number and set a max. limit. That way you can give out a number and not be afraid some one would steal the number and abuse it. If you set a $20 limit on the card, that's all that can be charged. You can even put your own expiration date (I think like a week, month etc.).
Since you have T-M, you might consider using their new Hotspot@home service. IF you are going to be at a place w. wifi (a home or some public places) you can make and receive calls as though you were in the U.S. I have used it overseas, as have others posting here. (S. Korea seems to be a problem.) Downside is you would have to get a phone from T-M that works w. this service. You don't have to subscribe to the $9.99 add-on for unlimited calling to make use of this.

...mike