PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Toggle Mobile (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6765)

NFH 29-05-2013 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 42789)
Do you actually see the original caller's number when you receive a forwarded call on your toggle SIM?

Yes, I called from my Orange UK number.

willemijns 29-05-2013 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFH (Post 42790)
Yes, I called from my Orange UK number.

now, the account login page displays:
Please remember that you MUST register for a local number before you travel to any toggle mobile country.

https://account.togglemobile.co.uk/login.aspx?lang=en

12 countries including UK is on this case.

so it is officially confirmed than roaming is volontary broken in these countries.

inquisitor 29-05-2013 14:55

Now if activation of local IMSIs really becomes mandatory for toggle countries what happens if I travel to more than 9 countries within a month? Afaik toggle SIM cards cannot hold more than 9 IMSIs which would leave me without service in the tenth country. Not a very likely scenario anyway.

I wonder what happens if you enter a toggle country without a local IMSI. Couldn't toggle just automatically assign a local IMSI over the air once it discovers a customer roaming in a toggle country using his Roaming IMSI?
If they can't automatize it local IMSIs should at least be available for subscription by USSD or the STK menu, so customers do not need to access the Internet before entering a toggle country but can obtain a local IMSI free of charge from their handset.

willemijns 29-05-2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 42795)
Now if activation of local IMSIs really becomes mandatory for toggle countries what happens if I travel to more than 9 countries within a month? Afaik toggle SIM cards cannot hold more than 9 IMSIs which would leave me without service in the tenth country. Not a very likely scenario anyway.

only truck drivers can be on this case... the most dangerous is you must made changes X hours before your border passage because you can be with no network on the middle of the country... dunno in fact if IMSI changes on the fly can be done on this case. i think not because your are initially unknown/blocked with the IMSI you used before your quick trip.

inquisitor 29-05-2013 15:21

Of course when you enter a toggle country without a local IMSI the STK application would need to switch back to the Roaming IMSI in order to automaticaly request and receive a local IMSI. The Roaming IMSI in turn would be restricted to USSD while all calls remain blocked (should be easy to implement with CAMEL). Actually an automatic STK-based IMSI selection process is already in use today.

rfranzq 29-05-2013 17:54

9 Countries out of twelve

Quote:

Originally Posted by willemijns (Post 42797)
only truck drivers can be on this case...

Looking at the flags on toggle it would seem to be a strange truck drive to visit Australia, Ireland and the UK on one trip. Of course, if you are in the UK, then one of the continental Europe countries needs to be dropped. Spain? Poland? I suspect this issue will arise when Toggle gets more countries!

UKSTEVE 29-05-2013 19:36

When I signed up to Toggle earlier in the year, the helpline lady told me that they can enable/disable IMSIs from their console position on request. Takes a couple of hours...

This suggests our mythical airline pilot (?) or truck driver could travel to more than nine countries in a 30-day period and still get service.

I'd imagine he'd also be a candidate for Toggle's promotion of customer of the year!

+Steve :)

andy 29-05-2013 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 42787)
The SS7 protocol which is used for interconnection among carriers has a forward sequence number (FSN) and a forward indicator bit (FIB) by which the originating carrier discloses to the terminating carrier that a call is being forwarded and also from which phone number the call is actually originating. The main purpose of this information is that the terminal of the receiving party can indicate forwarded calls as such enabling the end user to distinguish between regular and forwarded calls (you might have noticed that your mobile phone indicates forwarded calls and displays the original callers number instead of the forwarding line's number).

Thanks for the explanation [shortened], and it does show as described.

Is it possible that they might block forwarding while a SIM is roaming - by which I mean here not on the home territory for the actual number being called - but allow it at home?

I suppose I can try this a bit more in a few days time

robinb 30-05-2013 00:47

New User Experiences

Hi guys. I have been struggling to understand Toggle for about a week now and am very glad to have found this forum!
There have been a few discoveries that I have made and I would love to get some feedback on them:
* Registration of my local Toggle number took about four days - but it worked Ok in the end.
* I was hoping to forward my normal number to my local Toggle number while overseas. That actually works OK in Australia but there is no voicemail facility, so is not of much use if (say) I want to turn off my Toggle phone overnight in UK. Toggle have now told me that voicemail only works when directly calling the primary (UK) Toggle number.
* I now plan to forward my normal number to my UK Toggle number (which I can do very cheaply OK). I am trusting that this will work OK and that voicemail will then operate OK.
* I can ring my UK Toggle number OK from Australia and leave voicemail OK. After calling in to the mailbox, I am told about the new message but cannot actually listen to it. I think that this is just a system fault and await Toggle's help.

There is some great potential here, but boy it is difficult to get a handle on it!

rfranzq 30-05-2013 01:53

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinb (Post 42812)
Hi guys. I have been struggling to understand Toggle for about a week now and am very glad to have found this forum!

Welcome to the Forum.
Perhaps in a few weeks you could gives us your observations about how it is working in Australia for you. Your contribution will be appreciated.