PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Horrible TravelSIM service (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5126)

djhak 30-06-2009 23:39

Horrible TravelSIM service

I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Bossman 01-07-2009 00:45

Ok, I think there is more than one travelSim and it's sometimes not clear which one is being referred to. There is one with the UK number (easyroam) and there is another one with a 372 number. I have the easyroam one. Which one are you talking about. Is there a consensus as to how to differentiate them when posting about them?

djhak 01-07-2009 01:25

I would be referring to the TravelSIM with the +372 number (travelsimshop.com, not travelsim.co.uk). Ironically, both offer a free SIM swap for a UM card.
I may have sent a nasty email to the wrong person. I see that easyroam is on the forum and may have received my venom earlier today. Time to apologize.

123456 01-07-2009 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhak (Post 28154)
I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Same trouble overhere with my (Estonian) Travelsim which i received in return for my UM+ sim. I tried to activate it since Saturday, but i have never received the e-mail to validate and activate my account on the website of Travelsimshop. So i cannot use my sim to call. No response on my e-mails and support tickets so far.

bbob 01-07-2009 13:30

wanted to buy / trade on 1 for my um card for a trip to russia, but reading this I think I should stay away from them. Are there any other option for the estonian numbers.

Effendi 01-07-2009 14:11

I contacted Andy of TravelSIM sending him the link to this discussion.
He's always a very correct person so I'm sure he will do his best to solve your problems.

fedeprovenza 02-07-2009 18:31

Sometimes it happens that I call my Travelsim (which is turn off) and it...rings :eek:

prion 02-07-2009 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedeprovenza (Post 28229)
Sometimes it happens that I call my Travelsim (which is turn off) and it...rings :eek:

If you mean that you hear a ringing tone from your phone, that is not a real indication that the phone is ringing. Some voip carriers appear to connect the call and the other end appears ringing but it is not ringing at all.

fedeprovenza 03-07-2009 16:56

yes, it's a false ring, but it's very curios:confused:

bbob 03-07-2009 17:16

Prion gave me his estonian number and I tried coalling it, it does ring but he does no see an incoming call, gosim also gave me a testnumber, same problem, i hear a ring but they are not seeing a call.

gosim does have good customer service, at least the answer my emails fast. travelsim.com took more than 1 week to answer my request.