PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   UK & Ireland (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Top-up a T-Mobile UK Pay as you go SIM Card abroad (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637)

callfan 02-02-2007 18:14

Top-up a T-Mobile UK Pay as you go SIM Card abroad

Hi! :-)

I've got a problem: yesterday I received a T-Mobile sim card, without any credit.
Now I'd like to topup it, but the customer care tells me that I have to go to UK and buy a voucher. If I don't topup my account in 6 months, they deactivate it.

What could I do, now?

Thanks guys!

callfan

PhotoJim 02-02-2007 19:49

I had the same problem with O2. The eBay seller that sold me the SIM card was willing to buy me a top-up credit so I went about it that way. You can also buy top-up cards on eBay outright through auction listings.

callfan 02-02-2007 21:01

Yes, I could buy top-up voucher on eBay, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.
I don't trust so much eBay sellers...

Malkav 03-02-2007 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by callfan (Post 13072)
Hi! :-)

I've got a problem: yesterday I received a T-Mobile sim card, without any credit.
Now I'd like to topup it, but the customer care tells me that I have to go to UK and buy a voucher. If I don't topup my account in 6 months, they deactivate it.

What could I do, now?

Thanks guys!

callfan

you could try calling up cust services to register a credit card and see if they accept that as payment?

failing that send them you address see if they will send you an etop up card, assuming you can use those in italy!

PhotoJim 03-02-2007 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by callfan (Post 13076)
Yes, I could buy top-up voucher on eBay, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.
I don't trust so much eBay sellers...

That's what feedback ratings are for.

Find someone with a 100% positive rating (or at least high 99-point-something) with at least 50 positive feedback and the risk is near-zero. I've bought lots of stuff off eBay.

If you see someone with a 96.3% rating, they annoy a lot of customers, so avoid them.

Bossman 03-02-2007 14:58

All my virgin UK topups were bought on ebay-UK without any problems. Usually at a discount too.

callfan 03-02-2007 17:19

What kind of discounts??

Bossman 03-02-2007 17:24

I meant a discount off the face value of the card. For example, I have never paid more than 17.50 pounds for a 20 pound topup voucher. This is the card that I use for my GPRS access while travelling (primarily because they charge the same 5 pounds/meg roaming or not), so I have had to buy quite a number of vouchers on ebay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by callfan (Post 13099)
What kind of discounts??

andy 03-02-2007 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkav (Post 13083)
you could try calling up cust services to register a credit card and see if they accept that as payment?

failing that send them you address see if they will send you an etop up card, assuming you can use those in italy!

The credit card method would depend on whether they will accept foreign ones, but I assume that was already tried on the website.

It looks like e-top up might work, and there is probably one sent with the SIM(but how many T-mobile logos will you see?)

"You can use your E-top up card in Spain, Ireland, Greece, Italy and Portugal. Just look out for the E-top up logo and the T-Mobile logo. "

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/personal/p...ay-by-e-top-up

- but registering the e-top-up card to the phone might be tricky - it says dial 150, but did that work from abroad? If you need to call them again and if it is cheaper to a landline, +441707315000 and ask to be transferred to the call centre

callfan 03-02-2007 18:55

No, the Etopup card is in the pack, with sim card. I've already got it. Or, i think it's the pink card with t-mobile logo. Or not?

If it's that, it's ok, but I've never seen "the E-top up logo and the T-Mobile logo" in an italian shop!