PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Riiing .. Just Need To Clarify Some Stuff (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786)

0700700 26-01-2006 02:50

Well , i managed to lose my RIIING card together with my wallet, so not a very nice experience... Anyways i wanted to get the same number as i had before , since it was quite a good one (005520)

Anyways RIIING first told me, that once lost, the number cannot be replaced.. Then they contacted me and told me that they can replace my sim card with a new one carrying the old number for <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>50Euros</span>, and on top of that they wont even give me back my old credit...

Now i have decided not to bother with my old number but to buy a new RIING sim card, so i want to clarify some things with you guys...

1) 33 euro for the sim card including 15euro credit , and insured delivery.. how does that sound?

2) With the WHOLE UM rebranding, what will happen with RIIING? i mean is it worth
buying one now, if it will be replaced ? Will they stop the RIING sim cards when the new ones come out ?

3) To keep the number active, you need to make a call every 9 months, right ? my question is do you need to top-up every 9 months (or less even) , or is it ok to make a chargable call with your inclusive balance????

I ask because i generally use the sim card for incoming calls , so i dont really phone from it

THANK YOU

Effendi 26-01-2006 11:57

The new offer is already out from what I know, and you cannot buy a Riiing now, you buy the new United Mobile. And they are exactly the same since from December all Riiing customers have been moved to the United Mobile tariff.
You just need to place a chargeable call every 9 months, no neet to top-up.

Przemolog 26-01-2006 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Effendi
The new offer is already out from what I know, and you cannot buy a Riiing now, you buy the new United Mobile.

However, IMHO some dealers/resellers may still have Riiing-labeled SIMs in stock. But, of course, they will activate in the current UM tariff.

snaimon 26-01-2006 14:58

Riiing and Ecoglobal rebrands are still usually readily avialble on Ebay.de.

Stan

tivoboy 26-01-2006 17:34

ebay is your friend.

I have bought TWO cards from call4t, and they still have Riiing branded cards for 30$ us.

0700700 27-01-2006 03:21

yes , i found this one on ebay now ? so Effendi , it should not be a problem using it in the future , right :unsure:

Effendi 27-01-2006 08:58

Yeah, no problem, I have a Riiing myself, I never used it in the last period, but I suppose it's a United Mobile one now! :)

0700700 27-01-2006 13:33

Quote:

Yeah, no problem, I have a Riiing myself, I never used it in the last period, but I suppose it's a United Mobile one now! :)

is there any way you can check its still active... as in if it still receives calls and stuff :clap: .. no need to waste your credit, just see if it riiiiings (catch the drift :bye2: )

Effendi 27-01-2006 13:41

Yes, just tested it now, it works perfectly, as usual! :D

0700700 27-01-2006 13:53

Quote:

Yes, just tested it now, it works perfectly, as usual! :D

Wow Effendi, thanks ! at least we can say that RIIING has proved to be the most reliable operator out there so far at least !!!

so is 34euro a good price for a card with 15euro on it and delivery included?

sgmidf 29-01-2006 02:00

Is the same true for the older orange color United-Mobile Cards? They should work under the new tariff structure? I picked one up at the end of last year for a trip that ended up being cancelled so it's still unused (although I guess it's "activated" so I need to either extend the time or sell it.)

Thanks,

Steve

AndreA 29-01-2006 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmidf
Is the same true for the older orange color United-Mobile Cards? They should work under the new tariff structure?

Yes, 2 friends of mine have that kind of sim and actually they pay the new prices. :)