PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   France (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lycamobile France user experience (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8137)

123456 13-09-2013 16:56

Lycamobile France user experience

A few months ago i ordered a free sim with 1 euro credit from the Lycamobile France website at www.lycamobile.fr

Although the website says 'Only avaliable to customers with a French residential address' i ordered the sim and received it after several weeks. Maybe because i added my country (like DE or UK) in front of the postal code?

Last week i acivated the sim on the website from outside of France, but with the French address where i would be staying. After that the sim was working but could not get any network here at home.

However when i got off the plane in France and switched on my phone it did work and soon i received a welcome SMS with my French Lyca number.

Since then it worked without any trouble. Calls to fixed numbers in 50+ countries worked at 1 eurocent a minute (15 eurocent connection charge).

Data worked with these settings:
APN: data.lycamobile.fr
Username: lmfr
Password: plus
Make sure that 'DATA ROAMING' is switched ON. By the way: data worked without calling customer service.

To test i used only 80Kb, but they charged 2 eurocent for that. Do they use 250Kb increments or so with the publiced rate of 9 eurocent per Mb? I didn't test the 'Unlimited data' offer, which Lycamobile have at the moment.

When i accessed 'Mon Lycamobile' (like this: 0xxxxxxxxx) it says that my 'balance expiry date' is November 2021 ....

willemijns 13-09-2013 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 44096)
To test i used only 80Kb, but they charged 2 eurocent for that. Do they use 250Kb increments or so with the publiced rate of 9 eurocent per Mb? I didn't test the 'Unlimited data' offer, which Lycamobile have at the moment.

When i accessed 'Mon Lycamobile' (like this: 0xxxxxxxxx) it says that my 'balance expiry date' is November 2021 ....

DATA depuis la France: 0.09 euro/Mo en France. Facturation par palier de 100Ko (Ã* confirmer).

ronwi 13-09-2013 19:11

According to the website, you should have received unlimited data if you topped up in the calendar month. I'm assuming you arrived in September, had you topped up in September?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 44096)
A few months ago i ordered a free sim with 1 euro credit from the Lycamobile France website at www.lycamobile.fr

Although the website says 'Only avaliable to customers with a French residential address' i ordered the sim and received it after several weeks. Maybe because i added my country (like DE or UK) in front of the postal code?

Last week i acivated the sim on the website from outside of France, but with the French address where i would be staying. After that the sim was working but could not get any network here at home.

However when i got off the plane in France and switched on my phone it did work and soon i received a welcome SMS with my French Lyca number.

Since then it worked without any trouble. Calls to fixed numbers in 50+ countries worked at 1 eurocent a minute (15 eurocent connection charge).

Data worked with these settings:
APN: data.lycamobile.fr
Username: lmfr
Password: plus
Make sure that 'DATA ROAMING' is switched ON. By the way: data worked without calling customer service.

123456 13-09-2013 20:26

@Ronwi: I did not top up at all. Just testing with the 1 euro free credit on the SIM.

ronwi 14-09-2013 00:30

Thanks for responding.

I'm going to France in November, would be curious to know if the unlimited data really works as advertised. If you top up (apparently as little as 5 EUR should work) let us know how it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456 (Post 44103)
@Ronwi: I did not top up at all. Just testing with the 1 euro free credit on the SIM.

cybergamefan 04-10-2013 01:26

Re: where can you purchase Lycamobile SIM

I will be flying into Paris at CDG and was wondering where you can purchase the Lycamobile SIM?

dg7feq 04-10-2013 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybergamefan (Post 44424)
I will be flying into Paris at CDG and was wondering where you can purchase the Lycamobile SIM?

you can use their store locator online:
http://www.lycamobile.fr/fr/Recherche-de-distributeur

cybergamefan 06-10-2013 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 44428)
you can use their store locator online:
http://www.lycamobile.fr/fr/Recherche-de-distributeur

I tried using the store locator, but nothing comes up for Paris. I am not sure if it's not working or I am not using it correctly. I put in a zipcode of 75009 which is near my hotel but nothing comes up.

Motel75 07-10-2013 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybergamefan (Post 44435)
I tried using the store locator, but nothing comes up for Paris. I am not sure if it's not working or I am not using it correctly. I put in a zipcode of 75009 which is near my hotel but nothing comes up.

If the other Lycamobile web sites are anything to go by, it doesn't work, and they're unlikely to fix it.

UKSTEVE 09-10-2013 10:11

I have a spare Lyca SIM card pack - only used to see if working - 7.30 euros credit (of 7.50) left after test outgoing call.

[Just got back after a trip to Paris and my Europasim had expired :( ]

Yours for 9 euros (cost price) plus postage - PM me if interested / Steve :)