PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   AldiTalk waives roaming cost in EU starting with march 3rd (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8438)

peterdoo 14-02-2014 16:54

Isn't Alditalk requesting registration with a German address before activating the card? In that case it might not be too easy to get this SIM for the persons residing outside of Germany.

Actually I do not understand under which premise the EU mobile operators can afford to reject sales to persons resident in a different country:
The EU claims: "You have the right to buy from a service provider located in another EU country without price discrimination and without having the seller refuse to sell to you simply because you live in a different EU country. However, if there are objective reasons for the seller to refuse to sell to you, that seller may be within their rights."

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

In the case of prepaid service where it is not possible to make debths and there is no real contract between the operator and the user I do not see any objective reason for this limitation.

gkeeper 14-02-2014 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterdoo (Post 45143)
Isn't Alditalk requesting registration with a German address before activating the card? In that case it might not be too easy to get this SIM for the persons residing outside of Germany.

Actually I do not understand under which premise the EU mobile operators can afford to reject sales to persons resident in a different country:
The EU claims: "You have the right to buy from a service provider located in another EU country without price discrimination and without having the seller refuse to sell to you simply because you live in a different EU country. However, if there are objective reasons for the seller to refuse to sell to you, that seller may be within their rights."

In the case of prepaid service where it is not possible to make debths and there is no real contract between the operator and the user I do not see any objective reason for this limitation.

Hi you maybe correct and the deal may only be for German Citizens or you may need an address in Germany to register, i came across this when i tried to get a local number, if anyone knows the situation your input would be most welcome.

gkeeper 14-02-2014 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterdoo (Post 45143)

Hi it would seem after reading T&Cs that you are correct. These offers are valid only for the German market.:>(

ygeffens 15-02-2014 11:48

So this means that I can leave 1 card at home (Belgium), and take another one to France, and call the homefront for just 3ct/m ? :D

Nice!

offtopic problem: I have two cards of AldiTalk, but 1 has expired, is it possible to revive it in anyway? I had 15 euro of credit left (on a voucher). I used that to topup the working card (didn't want to risk to have that one expired too).

dg7feq 16-02-2014 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkeeper (Post 45145)
Hi it would seem after reading T&Cs that you are correct. These offers are valid only for the German market.:>(

you can simply buy these cards in any ALDI supermarket. Registration can be done online, just use any known german adress together with your name. Aldi is not sending letters out to this adress.

dg7feq 16-02-2014 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ygeffens (Post 45146)
So this means that I can leave 1 card at home (Belgium), and take another one to France, and call the homefront for just 3ct/m ? :D

Nice!

offtopic problem: I have two cards of AldiTalk, but 1 has expired, is it possible to revive it in anyway? I had 15 euro of credit left (on a voucher). I used that to topup the working card (didn't want to risk to have that one expired too).

you can try to send 10ct via bank transfer to the following account:

receiver:
E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH & Co.KG
IBAN DE07 3004 0000 0121 7900 01
BIC COBADEFFXXX
bank:
Commerzbank Düsseldorf
reason of transfer - your mobile number, e.g. 01771234567

If the card is not yet fully dead it will be reactivated after 2-3 days and will have 3 days validity :-) In that case you can safely transfer more or buy a recharage voucher in store.

transfer of 1 Euro gives you 1 month validity, and so on.

Chris

inquisitor 16-02-2014 11:54

While picking up an Aldi SIM card for a family member yesterday I thought I should get two additional ones for fellow forum members who might be interested in the new roaming tariffs. So if any loyal forum member needs an Aldi SIM just drop me a PM.

peterdoo 16-02-2014 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 45148)
you can simply buy these cards in any ALDI supermarket. Registration can be done online, just use any known german adress together with your name. Aldi is not sending letters out to this adress.

Although ALDI stores are a kind of self-service ones, Alditalk starter packs including SIM cards as well as top-ups are not part of self-service. At least in those shops I visited. So no need to search in the aisles. Just go directly to the checkout counter and tell the cashier what you want. Either they will open the locked compartment for you to take a pack from there or will hand it over to you. In the case of difficulties with German language, just pick up an Alditalk leaflet at the entrance of the store and show it to the cashier.

fsotirop 16-02-2014 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquisitor (Post 45150)
While picking up an Aldi SIM card for a family member yesterday I thought I should get two additional ones for fellow forum members who might be interested in the new roaming tariffs. So if any loyal forum member needs an Aldi SIM just drop me a PM.

i have sent you a PM about this. please reply

Motel75 16-02-2014 16:51

I hope other German prepaids soon copy this. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't.